Comparison, Owen County's Teagan Moore vs. Carson Williams

1 hour ago, 4 Quarters said:

Has anyone given any thoughts about these two guys careers at Owen County thru their junior seasons.  I'm seeing a lot of likeness, don't look beyond his junior year when thinking about Carson.

Break it down for us. I know nothing about Moore. I know Carson Williams is an elite, gifted athlete. Forget any stats. He had NFL tryouts because he is such an incredible athlete. Athletes like Williams are rare. You can start there if you want. 

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Break it down for us. I know nothing about Moore. I know Carson Williams is an elite, gifted athlete. Forget any stats. He had NFL tryouts because he is such an incredible athlete. Athletes like Williams are rare. You can start there if you want. 

If you have never seen them play, I just don't know how I can break it down that someone could make a fair judgement call.  You've already crossed the boundary lines when you started talking NFL, the guide lines were thru their junior year.

9 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

If you have never seen them play, I just don't know how I can break it down that someone could make a fair judgement call.  You've already crossed the boundary lines when you started talking NFL, the guide lines were thru their junior year.

I use the NFL comment to point out what a high quality and gifted athlete Carson Williams was. He was that gifted of an athlete as a junior in high school.  There are probably still some videos floating around of dunks Carson Williams made before his senior year in high school to demonstrate what I'm talking about.

12 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I use the NFL comment to point out what a high quality and gifted athlete Carson Williams was. He was that gifted of an athlete as a junior in high school.  There are probably still some videos floating around of dunks Carson Williams made before his senior year in high school to demonstrate what I'm talking about.

In my opinion Williams was a much improved player from his junior to senior year in high school.  Very noticeable he had bulked up and spent time in the weight room.  He played with more focus and desire, he went from a kid to a young man.

For his size,Carson could play with his back to the basket as well as any one I have seen. He was great at using his body. I also believe he had a little better supporting cast at Owen when he played. Teagan is a scorer. He will light up pretty much anyone they play. Kind of hard to compare them. Both are very gifted and hard working players.

1 hour ago, cats94 said:

As Teagan is currently, his game will not translate as well to next level as Carson’s did. 

As in what? He handles ball better then Carson did and shoots outside better than he did at the junior grade level. I see it as Teagan still has another year to get stronger for the next level. 

1 hour ago, PaulBlart said:

As in what? He handles ball better then Carson did and shoots outside better than he did at the junior grade level. I see it as Teagan still has another year to get stronger for the next level. 

Strength is not an issue for Teagan, he is plenty strong right now. You are correct, he does handle the ball better than Carson, and shoots better from the perimeter. But, he is going to need to become a better shooter from the perimeter, because he is going to be a wing/guard at the college level. He is not going to be a post player, where he scores 90% of his points in high-school. I should also add that I think he is a very good athlete, and jumps very well. If he learns to use that athleticism to shoot jumpers over people from 15-20 ft, he will have a very good college career as a guard/wing. I say this purely from a analytical standpoint, I actually want to see the kid do well.

• Like 1