Mason over Bracken

Pendleton over Harrison

Brossart over Montgomery

Campbell Co over St. Pats

Semifinals

Mason over Pendleton

Brossart over Campbell

Finals

Mason over Brossart in a very good game.

Exactly what I was going to say....

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason 78, Bracken 50

Pendleton 64, Harrison 58

Brossart 60, Montgomery 50

Campbell 68, St. Pat 59

Mason 74, Pendleton 56

Brossart 66, Campbell 51

Final: If Mason plays like they did against Catholic, Russell or JBS; Brossart wins 61-55. If they play like they did against Lincoln, Ashland or PCC; Mason wins 67-60.

Mason 78, Bracken 50

Pendleton 64, Harrison 58

Brossart 60, Montgomery 50

Campbell 68, St. Pat 59

Mason 74, Pendleton 56

Brossart 66, Campbell 51

Final: If Mason plays like they did against Catholic, Russell or JBS; Brossart wins 61-55. If they play like they did against Lincoln, Ashland or PCC; Mason wins 67-60.

I thought the game between Catholic/Mason was a very good. hard fought ballgame between two very good teams. I thought both teams played well, especially Novesiel from Catholic. This guy can play.

Mason's press began to pay dividends in the fourth quarter. Jackson Tolle provided energy and physical play during this comeback.

If Mason could play an entire game the way they played the fourth quarter against Catholic they would be very, very hard to beat. The Royals need this energy and commitment every minute of the game not just in the last quarter. I don't know if some of the Royals are trying to pace themselves or not but if they are they need to stop and just play as hard as they can for as long as they can.

I thought Mason played very well as a team against Henry Clay. You didn't mention this game and wonder what you thought.

I too think Mason/Brossart will play in the finals and will be low scoring, very physical game with Mason winning out 48 to 43.

I thought the game between Catholic/Mason was a very good. hard fought ballgame between two very good teams. I thought both teams played well, especially Novesiel from Catholic. This guy can play.

Mason's press began to pay dividends in the fourth quarter. Jackson Tolle provided energy and physical play during this comeback.

If Mason could play an entire game the way they played the fourth quarter against Catholic they would be very, very hard to beat. The Royals need this energy and commitment every minute of the game not just in the last quarter. I don't know if some of the Royals are trying to pace themselves or not but if they are they need to stop and just play as hard as they can for as long as they can.

I thought Mason played very well as a team against Henry Clay. You didn't mention this game and wonder what you thought.

I too think Mason/Brossart will play in the finals and will be low scoring, very physical game with Mason winning out 48 to 43.

1. I agree with your observation that Mason needs to play the entire game with the same intensity they showed in the 4th quarter vs. Catholic. They have enough talent on the bench for the starters to go all out for as long as they can, then get a break for a couple of minutes or more if necessary. No excuse for coming away from a close game feeling like you left something out on the court. From what I hear, practice for the Royals hasn't been particularly enjoyable lately.:D

2. I don't think that Mason played particularly well against Catholic, especially in two phases of the game : finishing on the offensive end when they had advantages, and overall team defense.

3. I thought Mason played very well against Henry Clay for the most part; it sure helps when you hit 12 or 13 three-pointers. I also thought that the outcome might have been different had Minnifield not gone out with a knee.

Brossart definitely has the type of team that can give Mason County fits. Cooper especially, but also Mutsch (sp?) can bang down low; Uebel is a ferocious defender. If both teams advance to the final as I expect, it should be a great game.

You are wrong!

The Eagles routed HARRISON COUNTY, scoring 99 points. They have had no such encouters with the Montgomery County Indians who bring a 12-1 mark to the Fieldhouse for the MCIT with only a three point loss to Clark County on the negative side of their ledger.

As far as Brossart having no problem with Mason County, I would like to think that were the case, but anytime you play the Royals in the Fieldhouse you are in for a battle - especially so this year!

I always get Harrison and Montgomery confused for what ever reason. I never said they wouldnt have a problem with mason i said mason had no problem with Scott, but that Brossart was a better basketball team than the eagles. I do think Brossart will pull of the upset though, I believe in the long run barring injury that Mason wins the 10th.

It's called the Mason County Invitational for a reason..

Probably because it's held at Mason County.:D

In all seriousness, anyone who would turn down an invite is doing themselves a disservice. A chance for 10th regions teams to play at the Fieldhouse in a tournament atmosphere (in terms of scheduling, at least - I would never compare the MCIT to the 10th Region tourney) can do nothing but help your team get ready for March.

1. I agree with your observation that Mason needs to play the entire game with the same intensity they showed in the 4th quarter vs. Catholic. They have enough talent on the bench for the starters to go all out for as long as they can, then get a break for a couple of minutes or more if necessary. No excuse for coming away from a close game feeling like you left something out on the court. From what I hear, practice for the Royals hasn't been particularly enjoyable lately.:D

2. I don't think that Mason played particularly well against Catholic, especially in two phases of the game : finishing on the offensive end when they had advantages, and overall team defense.

3. I thought Mason played very well against Henry Clay for the most part; it sure helps when you hit 12 or 13 three-pointers. I also thought that the outcome might have been different had Minnifield not gone out with a knee.

Brossart definitely has the type of team that can give Mason County fits. Cooper especially, but also Mutsch (sp?) can bang down low; Uebel is a ferocious defender. If both teams advance to the final as I expect, it should be a great game.

I think we are on the same page. I also heard the Royal practices of late have not been easy and I suspect will get even more physical and demanding. I don't disagree with your assessment of the Catholic game in terms of finishing on offensive end and overall team defense with the exception of the fourth quarter. As fas as finishing, sometimes the Royal players just don't go strong enough to the basket and some need to get stronger like Setty and Middleton. I would like to see both of them going to the basket more instead of settling for the outside shot.

Minnifield might have made a difference as he sure was playing strong. When the 3s go in makes the game a lot easier:)

I suspect Mason will apply pressure to Brossart when they come out of the dressing room. Hope it works and the Royals get a win. They have an interesting January and February schedule and we should find out a lot about this team during this stretch. If they play hard all the time we will be hard to handle. I do enjoy your observations.

The schedule - particularly the out-of-region schedule - for the Royals will be challenging. Scott County, Lexington Catholic and Jeffersontown (back-to-back nights), Rowan County and Madison Central (back-to-back again) and Lafayette make for a real test for the Royals. Those back-to-back games will help simulate tournament conditions.

Clark County also looks to have an ambitious Jan-Feb schedule.

The schedule - particularly the out-of-region schedule - for the Royals will be challenging. Scott County, Lexington Catholic and Jeffersontown (back-to-back nights), Rowan County and Madison Central (back-to-back again) and Lafayette make for a real test for the Royals. Those back-to-back games will help simulate tournament conditions.

Clark County also looks to have an ambitious Jan-Feb schedule.

What are the dates of the back-to-back nights? This schedule will help prepare both teams for post season tournaments. Clark County is very solid and will be even better when Jones returns. I like the eighth grader Stenzel who plays as a veteran. Knowles is an outstanding athlete and had an outstanding 5th/3rd tourney. I am sure anybody can stop either he or Darius Miller from getting their shot when they really want it. the Clark/Mason game will be a dandy.

What are the dates of the back-to-back nights? This schedule will help prepare both teams for post season tournaments. Clark County is very solid and will be even better when Jones returns. I like the eighth grader Stenzel who plays as a veteran. Knowles is an outstanding athlete and had an outstanding 5th/3rd tourney. I am sure anybody can stop either he or Darius Miller from getting their shot when they really want it. the Clark/Mason game will be a dandy.

Meant to say I am NOT sure anybody can stop either he or Darius Miller from getting their shot when they really want it.