Jim Harbaugh to the NFL?

Saw a couple of articles online about this possibility this morning, and then the talking heads on ESPN have picked it up and ran with it.  So, thought I'd pose it here, too.

Obviously Harbaugh going from Michigan to the NFL is a completely different scenario than Urban Meyer's, as he's already been a head coach for the 49'ers.  So, I don't see the hesitancy in an NFL offering him (as a college coach) a job.  The two teams that have been mentioned are Chicago and Las Vegas.

I could definitely see the Chicago job being attractive for multiple reasons.  One, is he's familiar with the city and the organization, as the Bears are who drafted him out of college.  Two, he'd have Justin Fields, who fits into the same type of mold that he's already had success with, in Colin Kaepernick.  Third, he's proven he can beat Ohio State now, and took his team to the playoffs...so those monkeys are off of his back.

The Raiders are, well, the Raiders and have their own set of attractions.

So, does Harbaugh leave for the NFL this year?

5 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Saw a couple of articles online about this possibility this morning, and then the talking heads on ESPN have picked it up and ran with it.  So, thought I'd pose it here, too.

Obviously Harbaugh going from Michigan to the NFL is a completely different scenario than Urban Meyer's, as he's already been a head coach for the 49'ers.  So, I don't see the hesitancy in an NFL offering him (as a college coach) a job.  The two teams that have been mentioned are Chicago and Las Vegas.

I could definitely see the Chicago job being attractive for multiple reasons.  One, is he's familiar with the city and the organization, as the Bears are who drafted him out of college.  Two, he'd have Justin Fields, who fits into the same type of mold that he's already had success with, in Colin Kaepernick.  Third, he's proven he can beat Ohio State now, and took his team to the playoffs...so those monkeys are off of his back.

The Raiders are, well, the Raiders and have their own set of attractions.

So, does Harbaugh leave for the NFL this year?

If he does, it proves to me just how confident he is that Michigan can repeat the bolded. It would prove that he knows it was a fluke, IMO. Michigan will give him a raise if he so much as even jokes about wanting one after this previous year. No reason to go unless you know you can't sustain it, IMO. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

If he does, it proves to me just how confident he is that Michigan can repeat the bolded. It would prove that he knows it was a fluke, IMO. Michigan will give him a raise if he so much as even jokes about wanting one after this previous year. No reason to go unless you know you can't sustain it, IMO. 

Yeah, just looking at Ohio State...while they lose a couple of talented wide receivers, they still get JSN back along with a couple of other rising stars, to go with Stroud and Henderson.  The offense shouldn't lose a beat.  And with a new D-coordinator, you have to expect that side of the ball to be MUCH improved over last year.  And you couple all of that with the fact that Michigan State didn't have the fall off this year everyone expected.  So, if Mel Tucker is truly the man to turn around Sparty...Harbaugh's looking at fighting a war on two fronts.

12 minutes ago, REALSPORT said:

Michigan had a team with many upper-classman this year.  They will be losing a lot.  They do have a nice class coming in but I would be surprised if they beat OSU again next season... no matter who is coaching them.

I am not losing my mind over Michigan's season. They finally beat Ohio State and I am chalking it to being more blip than trend, until proven otherwise. Kudos for them seizing their opportunity, but had UM lost that game, there is a chance Harbaugh is out of a job.