Rose Hill 78 West Carter 49

Rickyp

By the way RickyP never held up his end of the bargain tonight, but fortunately my friend Fastbreak expected RickyP would stiff me, and he was kind and courteous enough to deliver popcorn and diet Pepsi to my seat. What a guy. :thumb: :thumb:
He's like my little brother... I've gotten used to picking up after him... :lol:

I was good to have you in the house... don't be a stranger. :thumb:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Royals on winning the David Garnes Memorial Tournament. I was very, very impressed with Dakota Euton. He has a bright future ahead of him. Chad Jackson is also going to be a dandy, but unfortunately he had a hard time getting untracked early because someone was too concerned about his jersey being untucked. Maybe if that person had watched the game he would have seen who kept untucking his jersey for him. By the way RickyP never held up his end of the bargain tonight, but fortunately my friend Fastbreak expected RickyP would stiff me, and he was kind and courteous enough to deliver popcorn and diet Pepsi to my seat. What a guy. :thumb: :thumb:

The guy that was so worried about Jackson's shirt being untucked, is to old and slow to be calling boys varsity games. At 69 years old, it is time to retire the whistle, set in the stands, or just stay home.

The way he was harassing Jackson was way out of line. I have seen this same referee call several game this year and not worry about shirts being untucked.

The same referee treated Jackson the same way last year. Hmmm "I wonder why"

It was really unfair to the other two referees that called the game with the old guy. They did a good job keeping the game under control, while the old guy argued with the Rose Hill coach about Jackson's jersey.

69 IS JUST TO OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Good game by the Royals and I'd like to give some credit to Coach Webb and the Comets who gave a fine effort the entire game. Rayburn for the Comets is a good shooter and I'd guess that somewhere along the line this season, he'll sink someone from behind the arc.

As for the Royals, they pushed the tempo all night. Fine game out of all of them. I'd also like to give Nate Quackenbush a bit of overdue credit. This kid is gonna turn out to be a force. He is athletic and very long. He often was a foot above everyone else to grab a rebound. And he has a bit of time to develop his skills into what I'd guess will be a force in this region when it's all said and done.

I'd like to say also that it was a pleasure to meet LRCW finally. Hope you can come again to the Stew and join us. BTW, did you really think you'd get anything out of Richardp?

And lastly, my take on the referree in question. After the game, I went back toward the officials dressing room and barely got out of the hallway. My shoes were literally stuck to the floor in the puddle of overspray of Paul Mitchell hairspray and as I finally got loose, I could have sworn there were pucker marks on the mirror in there. There was a bumper sticker on his car when he departed that stated "I love me some me!"

Ive saw Vanhoose of Russell and Ferguson of Elliott play a whole game with there jersey untucked. Why were they not forced to the bench??? Maybe the old guy should stick to doing Tomcat games.

G

I would say that is a "LIE" on the part of Ferguson, because I watch all of his game's and he is constantly tucking his jersey in. Needless to say it is constantly being pulled out also, but he is constantly messing with it and tucking it. He has "NEVER PLAYED A WHOLE GAME WITH IT HANGING OUT". I can also prove this with "dvd" footage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dancingpa :fight:

I would say that is a "LIE" on the part of Ferguson, because I watch all of his game's and he is constantly tucking his jersey in. Needless to say it is constantly being pulled out also, but he is constantly messing with it and tucking it. He has "NEVER PLAYED A WHOLE GAME WITH IT HANGING OUT". I can also prove this with "dvd" footage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dancingpa :fight:

I watched the game against Raceland and I agree that it was completely out all the time. But there were instances were it was out and he wasn't sent to the bench. I'm not saying it was Ferguson's fault at all. My frustration is that some kids are given leeway and rightfully so, while others are picked on.

If you guys have a problem with a particular referee, have your coach "scratch" that ref & you'll never have to deal with him/her again...Each coach can "scratch" 3 refs I believe & those refs cannot be assigned to any game you play within the 16th region...If you make it to a championship game in the district or region tournaments, even if a ref that you scratched rates high enough to get that game, he or she would not be able to call that championship game because you scratched them...It's that simple!!

Ive saw Vanhoose of Russell and Ferguson of Elliott play a whole game with there jersey untucked. Why were they not forced to the bench??? Maybe the old guy should stick to doing Tomcat games.

G

What does the Rose Hill / West Carter game have to do with a referee calling a game at Ashland?

Officials in the 16th Region call games at virtually every school, unless they have been blackballed from calling games by the coach or AD of that school.

I can understand it if someone doesn't care for the way a game was called. Happens every Tuesday and Friday night. As Devil58 said, just scratch him if you don't like the way he calls.

Frances

Are you sure that if you scratch an official that they can't call your games come tournament time. Someone said last night the scratch was only good for the regular season.

A "scratch" carries through the post season as well...I have seen ref assignments changed due to who wins a particular game in the post season because of "scratches"...Scratch them & you will not have them when it counts...