Mayfield/Western Kentucky Tornadoes 12-10-21

Tigerpride94

1 hour ago, Toothpick said:

None of us have internet or power here so getting to post on here depends on getting a cell post out and  I’m guessing the system is overwhelmed right now so it’s not that we don’t want to but more that we can’t.  I got the Beechwood letter from JAson Buc tonight and it moved me to tears.  I wanted to tell all of you all who have posted and done for us how appreciative we are and thank you all. God Bless you all. Football seems so small right now. 

I’m glad you are ok old friend. Keep me posted on how you are doing. 

As mentioned before, a Beechwood  family has donated a tractor trailer, which will be at the school until Thursday.  Donations of personal hygiene products, baby items, cleaning supplies, bottled water, flashlights, batteries, coats, blankets, non perishable items, etc will be accepted. Monetary donations can be taken to the office. 

Mayfield/Graves County also has a link for donations. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mayfield-graves-county-tornado-relief

9 hours ago, Mayfieldsportsfan said:

Video going down Broadway in Mayfield. Bunch of businesses and churches destroyed

I have heard the destruction in Mayfield described as looking like a bomb hit. It looks even worse than that in your video. So widespread and complete leveling of everything in its path. Prayers and support to all.

https://www.kentuckytoday.com/baptist_life/how-to-give-to-help-victims-of-tornadoes/article_a4ee62be-5a99-11ec-8be7-5369978415c9.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share&fbclid=IwAR2NpMD1wbRm5AjZ6gOlDfRt3QfRZGxBXidalv6F2CadGQvXmJqCrmeKBpI

Please share. We talked about this in church this morning. Not sure what exactly is needed and when right now, but without a doubt, money will help get people what they need, ASAP. 

• Like 2

This is the house across the street from my in-laws. Here’s where the craziness goes to a different level; that silver car belongs to someone about 250 yards up the street.

I just returned from Princeton. The GreensPoint and Country Club Hills subdivisions were hit hard. CC Hills worse. I don’t know how many homes are in there, but 90% of them will be total teardowns. 
It’s the creepiest and most incredible thing I’ve ever seen in my life. 

2F009C54-71BC-4F14-8411-2326619C67D8.jpeg

For those looking for a place to send a financial donation, here is an organization I was given by a couple of Mayfield churches.  This is where we are sending our contributions and where our church is sending several thousand dollars. 

Bread of Life; P.O. Box 162; Melber, KY 42069. 

23 hours ago, Mayfieldsportsfan said:

Video going down Broadway in Mayfield. Bunch of businesses and churches destroyed

My goodness. As a former contractor for KDOT, I've spend a good amount of time in Mayfield. It's been a few years since I've been there, but to say this is unrecognizable is an understatement. 

• Like 1

I am about 25 miles from Mayfield and it looks like F5 type stuff there and in Dawson Springs.  Bowling Green got hit later that night(morning) at 2:20 AM and so we went the following day to go get our daughter at WKU (who we didn't know where she was for 5 hours).  Bowling Green looked like several WW2 bombers went down 31W when I was there and dropped all their payload.  ON my way to BG I saw damage from the tornado as KY lake went over I-69 - it came across right there.  So it came up in Hickman County (Cayce), then through Mayfield, right above Benton (Marshall), hit Cambridge Shores on KY Lake, then crossed over I-69 where I saw in Lyon County, then went through Caldwell and into Hopkins where it destroyed Dawson Springs (SW of Madisonville), it then continued on into Muhlenberg where it hit Bremen and fizzled out in Grayson/Breck County.

Mayfield has so much to rebuild, as does Dawson Springs - prayers to all.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 4:43 PM, gbballfan21 said:

image.thumb.png.5f9015a7ff2664fdd3f10e30c1425dd1.png

That's a real State Championship effort folks! As a Northern Kentucky resident I applaud you. You are exhibiting the BEST of competition and respect!! To the Cardinals.....hang in there like the champions you have always been. Prayers.

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to Let's all help Mayfield
  • Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to Mayfield/Western Kentucky Tornadoes 12-10-21