Cincinnati vs. Alabama (CFP Semifinal) Predictions/Updates

16thBBall Fan

Cincinnati vs. Alabama   

39 members have voted

1. 1. CFP Semifinals Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2022 at 12:02 AM

Metchie tore his ACL last night. 

I know they have the name recognition, but I think most would agree this is one of the weaker Alabama teams Saban has fielded the past 15 years. Still really good, obviously, but this is the time to get them.

4 hours ago, bugatti said:

Metchie tore his ACL last night. 

I know they have the name recognition, but I think most would agree this is one of the weaker Alabama teams Saban has fielded the past 15 years. Still really good, obviously, but this is the time to get them.

That really sucks about Metchie.  When I watched the play he was injured on I thought it was probably an ACL but was hoping it wasn’t that bad.  

Alabama is a very good team, but this is not a great Bama team like previous Bama playoff teams. This Bama team has shown quite a few times this year they are very vulnerable, and teams not as good as UC have played right with them. It would not surprise me at all to see UC win this game. 

UC 24

Alabama 20

44 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Alabama is a very good team, but this is not a great Bama team like previous Bama playoff teams. This Bama team has shown quite a few times this year they are very vulnerable, and teams not as good as UC have played right with them. It would not surprise me at all to see UC win this game. 

UC 24

Alabama 20

Certainly not a comic book Bama team, especially, with Metchie out.  I still think this defense and Bryce Young will be something UC hasn’t been able to prepare for.  

This Alabama team has been inconsistent all year. This UC team has played to the level of their opponent all year. This will either be an Alabama blow out or a very tight game. I hope UC can make it a game and pull out a win. If they can’t make it close, then a non-Power 5 team will never get another chance.

The realist in me knows it's going to be extremely tough for UC to win this game and will not be surprised if the outcome ends up being similar to the Georgia game. 

The fan in me thinks UC being experienced with 30 seniors and  legit NFL talent on both sides of the ball at multiple positions will help keep it close and at least give them a chance heading in to the 4th qtr.

Regardless of outcome, the next 3 weeks are going to be huge for UC recruiting considering all the coverage they will be getting.