Cincinnati vs. Alabama (CFP Semifinal) Predictions/Updates

16thBBall Fan

Cincinnati vs. Alabama   

39 members have voted

1. 1. CFP Semifinals Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2022 at 12:02 AM

10 minutes ago, theguru said:

Hey Walter, I have not been following along, are you going to the game?

I am... Ended up changing my original seat selection but my tickets arrived yesterday. 

Arriving in Ft Worth 12/29 and coming home New Year's Day.

Screenshot_20211212-133117.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Walter said:

I am... Ended up changing my original seat selection but my tickets arrived yesterday. 

Arriving in Ft Worth 12/29 and coming home New Year's Day.

Screenshot_20211212-133117.png

Fantastic!

If UC makes it to the championship game are you going?

4 minutes ago, Walter said:

I've already reserved tickets through UC, so yes I am going if they get there! Indy would be an easy trip.

Agree on Indy.

If UC makes the finals I am going to donate to the Send Walter to the Championship fund.

• Like 2

My wife and I were supposed to be at a business conference in Indy on Jan 7-9.  We were part of a group with a signed contract from a year ago.  Hotel price per room at the conference site was reasonable (about $125 per night and included breakfast).  We just found out that were booted out by new ownership of the hotel!  I was not in charge of the booking, but obviously there was small print saying that they could do that.  Now I know why!  I forgot that the championship game was in Indy on Jan 10.  Rooms at the hotel are now $1000 per night.  We are going to hold the conference virtually now.  

4 hours ago, theguru said:

Is this graphic legit? 

allstate.jpg

Yes.... Michigan came in to the season unranked and were 7th among teams "also receiving votes" in the AP poll. They were 8th in the coaches poll ARV.

UC came in preseason #8 and #10 but not many expected them to go on the road and beat Notre Dame or for there to be enough chaos ahead of them to get them in the CFP. 

Most predicted the CFP to be Bama, Oklahoma, Clemson, and OSU before the season started. 

• Thanks 1

Nick Sabam on Cincinnati's defensive front seven...

"They're very active. They're very aggressive. They're a good group. They play a 3-3 stack. They slide over to a four-down front sometimes. They've played a lot of 'backers. They have a lot of good pressures. They play a lot of man to man. But they change it up quite a bit. They play very well together as a team. They don't make a lot of mistakes. They fit the runs. They do the things they need to do to have success together as a group. And they've some very talented guys. They have a good secondary. They've got some guys up front that can rush and have some quickness. And their linebackers are very good players. All around, this is a really good defensive team."

On Cincinnati’s secondary, cornerbacks…

“Their two corners are long and are good players. They play a lot of man-to-man. They’ve got good ball skills. They’re good man-to-man players. They’re aggressive in the way they play. They don’t make a lot of mistakes. They’re smart. They’ve got a lot of experience, even when they change it up and they play zone. They’re ball-hawkers, they’re all ball-hawkers back there. They really attack the ball. They’ve got a lot of turnovers. So it’s really a talented group.”