Cincinnati vs. Alabama (CFP Semifinal) Predictions/Updates

16thBBall Fan

Cincinnati vs. Alabama   

39 members have voted

1. 1. CFP Semifinals Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2022 at 12:02 AM

10 hours ago, Walter said:

20211209_230508.jpg

20211209_230458.jpg

I know he is going to end up winning the award, but has there been a weaker Heisman winner? He seems like a good kid with promising talent, but let's be 100. He is winning this out of default since nobody else rose to the occasion.

7 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I know he is going to end up winning the award, but has there been a weaker Heisman winner? He seems like a good kid with promising talent, but let's be 100. He is winning this out of default since nobody else rose to the occasion.

I'd somewhat agree with this. I think elite talent overall in college football is down this year. He's had a great season stat wise though and probably deserves the award. 

Young was actually predicted to be the 5th best QB this year in the preseason Heisman odds behind Spencer Rattler, Sam Howell, D'Eriq King, and DJ Uiagalelei...man were those "experts" wrong.

31 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Just read a quick story on this. Bama is down to five scholarship players at CB and Jobe was rated as a top 15 CB prospect. No excuses, Bearcats, as this one is setting up perfectly for you.

While UC doesn't have the high end 4* and 5* talent that Bama has, they are comparable when looking at draft eligible talent in the 2022 draft. 

Bama has 12 players in ESPN's top 200 prospects. 

Cincinnati has 9 players in ESPN's top 200 prospects. 

The difference in the two programs is Bama probably has another 12 guys who aren't draft eligible that will also play in the NFL while we have no clue what UC has because of how "old" and experienced they are and the fact that a lot of their younger guys simply aren't seeing the field right now. 

Basically... it should be easier for Bama to replace a missing player considering the talent level of their roster and back ups. 

10 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

Was this not expected to sell out or did they just post this for information sake? Seems all 3 of the CFP bowl games should sell out, no?

Expected, but both teams officially sold out their allotments yesterday... the seats available through the Cotton Bowl website and staff have been sold out for a while.

I was able to get my tickets through UC.

Section 142 Row 5. 

• Like 2

On 12/10/2021 at 9:08 AM, bugatti said:

I think he has the 5th most passing yards by a Heisman Winning QB along with 40 TD and 4 INT. Then look at his performance in crunch time against Auburn and against UGA, he virtually ripped the Heisman away from everyone else with those two performances. Maybe the other QB "Favorites" fell back, but that doesn't demean what this kid did in the least.

He could have the Heisman curse hit him against UC and play horrible and everyone will say, "See he didn't deserve it!" Young earned it in the past 13 games. 

Screenshot_20211212-165429_Bing.jpg