Cincinnati Reds Offseason (2021-2022)

31 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

Very true.  It really makes me wonder now, if Dick Williams wasn't privy to this coming down the pike, and leaving beforehand, not wanting to be a part of it.

I wondered the same. Then you consider Kyle Boddy leaving the oranization, etc, I think they all knew. 

2 minutes ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I wondered the same. Then you consider Kyle Boddy leaving the oranization, etc, I think they all knew. 

Yeah, it really makes you wonder.  Covid probably messed things up for him doing it in 2020, and then the CBA negotiations put a freeze on everything over the past 4 months or so.  Bob's probably been stewing on this for over a year.  So, that makes this premeditated murder (of a major league roster).

3 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

Yeah, it really makes you wonder.  Covid probably messed things up for him doing it in 2020, and then the CBA negotiations put a freeze on everything over the past 4 months or so.  Bob's probably been stewing on this for over a year.  So, that makes this premeditated murder (of a major league roster).

He knew what he was getting into when he bought the team.  If you cannot run with the big boys then sell out.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I won't swear them off forever but I have a lot of anger at what they are doing. No way I pay to walk in that ballpark for the near future. I have almost no interest in even watching games till they put a product worth watching on the field.

Exactly how I feel, wouldn’t go to a game if they gave me a ticket, surely Bob is planning on selling out soon, at least I hope so, I grew up on the Big Red Machine, this is just heartbreaking!!

This was tough to watch.  You could tell Winker was sad, but trying to put up a brave front.  But, the most telling part, was him saying the Mariners are trying to win, and he's excited about that.  

Jesse Winker interview after being traded by the Cincinnati Reds to the Seattle Mariners - YouTube

SELL THE TEAM, BOB!  Your players deserve better!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

What the h-e-double-toothpicks are they doing?  We dump salaries by letting all these other guys go, and then take on a $10 million guy that's washed up?  Does somebody have compromising pictures of Bob?

This makes absolutely ZERO sense!

SELL THE TEAM, BOB!

Just now, CincySportsFan said:

What the h-e-double-toothpicks are they doing?  We dump salaries by letting all these other guys go, and then take on a $10 million guy that's washed up?  Does somebody have compromising pictures of Bob?

This makes absolutely ZERO sense!

SELL THE TEAM, BOB!

I just saw that too about what he's owed.  We literally dumped Wade Miley for this guy.