Cincinnati Reds Offseason (2021-2022)

• 3 months later...

From the Reds Facebook page.

The Reds today acquired Minnesota Twins 2021 top draft pick RHP Chase Petty in exchange for Sonny Gray and minor league RHP Francis Peguero.

Petty was the 26th pick in last years draft, straight out of high school.

3 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

The Reds today acquired Minnesota Twins 2021 top draft pick RHP Chase Petty in exchange for Sonny Gray and minor league RHP Francis Peguero.

One team trying to win this year. The other looking to make more profit and could care less about wins/losses in 2022.

3 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

What a complete joke. I don't see how that trade makes sense on any level. Even if you are dumping salary, you can get much more than a pitcher one year out of high school even if he did through a 100 MPH fastball. The Twins will get more for Sonny Gray than that in a mid season deal if they decide to dump then. And let's make something else clear - Sonny Gray is a good contract value. The Reds aren't dumping a $20 million dollar a year contract. Gray is going to make $10.5 million this year. For a proven quality starting pitcher, that is a good value. What are the Reds gaining out of these deals? What did they get out of trading Iglesias? This is cheap beyond cheap and does zero to improve the club on any level. 

• Like 1

Sell the team, Bob. Just sell the team. It's clear you have no desire to field a winner.  Who would've thought you could make Mike Brown look like a spendthrift. 

PS - I hope you realize that by August the Bengals training camp news will take precedence over your precious Reds game from last night in media coverage.  And you'll wonder why attendance will be the lowest it's been during your ownership.  You couldn't have picked a worse time to be cheap.

• Like 2

The number of games I work at GABP this year will be pretty limited.  Lowest ever by far.

They might as well sell of Castillo, Winker, and anyone else.  Completely restart and maybe they'll have a team that will be somewhat competitive in 2026 or something.

Between their lack of desire to put a winning team on the field and Bally Sports, people like myself, just aren't going to care anymore.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Deal includes Suarez for box of bubble gum, bag of used baseballs and a dozen cracked info bats.  Will not see me watch or attend a game all year.

Justin Dunn, outfielder Jake Fraley, left-handed pitching prospect Brandon Williamson.

Williamson is the key piece, Dunn is a high end flyer who hasn’t had any MLB success thus far in his young career, lots of control issues.  Fraley is a boring 4th outfielder.