Tennessee at Kentucky Predictions/Updates

16thBBall Fan

Tennessee vs. Kentucky  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/06/2021 at 11:24 PM

The Tennessee Vols make the trip up interstate 75 to Lexington to take on the Kentucky Wildcats. The game is scheduled for a 7:00pm kickoff on ESPN2. I will be interested to see how the Cats bounce back from their lackluster and uninspired performance Saturday night at Mississippi State. Go Cats!!

I think in August, a lot of people penciled this in as a win.   But the Tennessee offense sees to be getting the Huepel offense and with Hendon Hooker running it, The Volunteers are a lot better than people thought they would be at this point.   Should be a good game.  UK at home  35-31

• Like 1

Based on trends over the past 5 games, UK is in trouble.

The Cats have won probably 2 or 3 games that they should have lost. I feel they have to play their best game of the year to win this game. 

Kentucky has to hit receivers in the 10 to 15 yard range downfield. Levis HAS to trust his receivers timing to be where they are supposed to be when the ball gets there. Right now he seems to only want to throw to guys standing wide open. He is rarely hitting guys in stride or right on the break. When he hesitates that extra second or two, it is giving the defense time to close. Last few teams have packed the box and dared UK to pass, I see UT doing the same.

On defense the zone has to play a little bit tighter to the LOS and players have to tackle in space. Poor tackling fundamentals or being out of position to make tackles is 100% why they got beat by MSU, in my opinion.

Hope I'm wrong but today I see it 38 to 24 Tennessee. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PurplePride92 said:

The line has moved 1.5 points since it opened at UK -3.  It is now UK -1.5.   

I think the Vols win this game because history states that the Vols will win this game.   

My gut said this game should be a pick.