Looking ahead (3A) - Glasgow's turn to get the monkey off its back?

Each of the last two years, we've witnessed one of Kentucky's prettiest bridesmaids finally get their chance to throw the bouquet: Somerset in 2019 and Paintsville last year. Glasgow stands alone as the most decorated program in the state without a championship.

Class 3A should be as wide open as any class in the state. The Scotties will be among the favorites this season, and have a very real shot at making it three first timers in three years. Only eight seniors are gone from a state quarterfinalist team that pushed CAL to the wire. They return a very promising young quarterback, who split reps before working his way into the starting role as a freshman. He'll have a plethora of returning skill people around him to get the ball to and the defense will also feature several starters back from last year. 

Taylor County should not be overlooked in district play, but the pieces are there for a special year in Glasgow.

• Like 1

As far as Glasgow is concerned, I’ve always thought the past few years that the talent has been there. Explosive, fast, physical. All the things you need. 

It will come down to coaching. It usually always has for the Scotties. 

• Like 1

I sure hope so. It would be nice to get the monkey off their back for sure. I think they have a real chance this year because they have a ton of skill players and some good size on the lines too. It probably will come down to coaching and one good or bad decision can decide a close game in the end I just hope coach Garmon makes the good decisions and the other coach makes the bad decisions. Go Scotties!

• Like 1