Reclassification

Not sure how many will do so now that the ruling by the NCAA that they will not recognize any grades or scores from students who use this that the will only take the original 4 years. The KHSAA had a video conference to provide this info to schools before the May 1 deadline.

• Like 1

I'm hearing another possible biggie.  I'll be honest I still think this is a bad idea but It wasn't my kid that lost a season or had it turned upside down.  I'm still in the camp that this shouldn't be an option but I guess until I walk in these players shoes I'll just wish them well with whatever decision any of them make.  The teams I root for and follow were mostly able to play a full season but I know there were a few that barely made the playing field 3 or 4 times.  Plus you're only young once and adulthood will be on their shoulders soon enough.  So good luck to whoever decides it's for them.  I hope they get what their wanting. 

• Like 2

On 4/29/2021 at 5:07 AM, BEChargers said:

I'm hearing another possible biggie.  I'll be honest I still think this is a bad idea but It wasn't my kid that lost a season or had it turned upside down.  I'm still in the camp that this shouldn't be an option but I guess until I walk in these players shoes I'll just wish them well with whatever decision any of them make.  The teams I root for and follow were mostly able to play a full season but I know there were a few that barely made the playing field 3 or 4 times.  Plus you're only young once and adulthood will be on their shoulders soon enough.  So good luck to whoever decides it's for them.  I hope they get what their wanting. 

I believe most of the players coming back will be top players who missed out on the D1 full ride they were expecting like Dixon and Hergott and perhaps late bloomers who want to play at the next level and did not get an offer.

• Like 1

I think a lot of kids who come back will be kids who just enjoy sports. There’s nothing like high school athletics. And if you get the chance to play a sport you love for an extra year, then why not jump at that opportunity? Especially with football, for most once they’re done they never put those pads on again. And if they do it’s not the same as those Friday nights, it’s more of a job and a grind. 

• Like 4