Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reclassification

Featured Replies

What big impact players have taken advantage of the reclassification rule?

  • Replies 54
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • thunderbuddies4life
    thunderbuddies4life

    The only people who should get a do over year are fort knox and fort campbell kids since they were the only ones who didn't have a season, and they aren't allowed to have a do over year anyways

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    This is basically where I'm at. Life is a whole big bunch of unfair. One of my uncles said recently, "I got drafted. Do I get any re-do years for anything?" Kinda struck a chord for me. Sometimes thin

  • TyroneBigsby
    TyroneBigsby

    Did they play or not? I think they had their opportunities. Nearly everyone has suffered to some degree over the past 14 months. Some suffered the ultimate price. Many lost jobs. Why do we have to cod

Posted Images

When was or is the official last day to do so?

3 minutes ago, Cheese said:

When was or is the official last day to do so?

May 1st. 

Not sure how many will do so now that the ruling by the NCAA that they will not recognize any grades or scores from students who use this that the will only take the original 4 years. The KHSAA had a video conference to provide this info to schools before the May 1 deadline.

Heard just earlier that Mr. Isaac Dixon is coming back!! HUGE for Belfry... guess he wants more than a PWO from West Va. I personally think this young man is a D1 player.  

Can anyone confirm?

It’s official that Dixon will be returning and reclassifying. Just issued a statement.

 

I'm hearing another possible biggie.  I'll be honest I still think this is a bad idea but It wasn't my kid that lost a season or had it turned upside down.  I'm still in the camp that this shouldn't be an option but I guess until I walk in these players shoes I'll just wish them well with whatever decision any of them make.  The teams I root for and follow were mostly able to play a full season but I know there were a few that barely made the playing field 3 or 4 times.  Plus you're only young once and adulthood will be on their shoulders soon enough.  So good luck to whoever decides it's for them.  I hope they get what their wanting. 

The only people who should get a do over year are fort knox and fort campbell kids since they were the only ones who didn't have a season, and they aren't allowed to have a do over year anyways

On 4/29/2021 at 5:07 AM, BEChargers said:

I'm hearing another possible biggie.  I'll be honest I still think this is a bad idea but It wasn't my kid that lost a season or had it turned upside down.  I'm still in the camp that this shouldn't be an option but I guess until I walk in these players shoes I'll just wish them well with whatever decision any of them make.  The teams I root for and follow were mostly able to play a full season but I know there were a few that barely made the playing field 3 or 4 times.  Plus you're only young once and adulthood will be on their shoulders soon enough.  So good luck to whoever decides it's for them.  I hope they get what their wanting. 

I believe most of the players coming back will be top players who missed out on the D1 full ride they were expecting like Dixon and Hergott and perhaps late bloomers who want to play at the next level and did not get an offer.

I think a lot of kids who come back will be kids who just enjoy sports. There’s nothing like high school athletics. And if you get the chance to play a sport you love for an extra year, then why not jump at that opportunity? Especially with football, for most once they’re done they never put those pads on again. And if they do it’s not the same as those Friday nights, it’s more of a job and a grind. 

12 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

The age cutoff stays the same, right? 

Yes.

On 5/2/2021 at 8:14 AM, Big Things Kentucky said:

IS Hergott returning?


Cameron Hergott
@CamHergott24

"I am excited to announce that I will be reclassifying to the c/o 2022 at Beechwood High School!"

E1D7hSMXoAANFbs?format=jpg&name=small

Is there a current list of school districts that have voted for/against the Supplemental School Year Program? 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.