Bengals Total Wins - O/U

Total Wins for the Bengals  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you take the Over/Under for 6.5 Bengals wisn?

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I disagree. The first game last year versus the Ravens, the Bengals and Lou had the perfect game plan against the Ravens. They executed  it well. They totally shut Lamar down running the ball. I saw other teams after that use the Bengals game plan against the Ravens after that. 

Now, game 2, different story. But game 1 is the template for beating the Ravens from the defensive side. The Bengals need their offense to execute better against the Ravens. That is where they have struggled.

Let’s not forget Lamar was also hurt going into that first game last year. So they really weren’t trying to run him much, and he wasn’t looking to run much either. With that said it still doesn’t change the fact, that since Lamar took over the Bengals literally have seemed to have zero chance in any of the games. Even the game you are referring too, while the defense didn’t go off. As you said the offense did nothing, and the game really was never in doubt for the Ravens.

Before Lamar took over the Bengals actually were really successful against them. After he took over, they really haven’t even been in contention in any of those games. Which is why until they show they can even hang with them, there is not much reason to have that much faith going into those games IMO. Now the Browns and Steelers the Bengals have shown they can truly play with now. 

8 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Baltimore is the one team they haven’t figured out yet. However, Pittsburgh with an old Ben isn’t much to fear anymore. As evident by a Ryan Finley led team beating them. Both Browns games last year the Bengals were right there, and honestly just blew the second game. I’m not sure why you say playing the NFC North could get ugly. The Packers are very good, however zero reason to really fear playing the Vikings, Lions, and Bears. The AFC West the Chiefs obviously would be very tough, however once again no reason to fear the Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos. 

The schedule is not that scary IMO. For me there is only 4 games where may go into it not feeling very good about. Those games are the Chiefs, Packers, and both Ravens games. I say the Ravens, because since Lamar took over the Bengals simply have looked horrible against them each time. 

I would agree with this!

12 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Baltimore is the one team they haven’t figured out yet. However, Pittsburgh with an old Ben isn’t much to fear anymore. As evident by a Ryan Finley led team beating them. Both Browns games last year the Bengals were right there, and honestly just blew the second game. I’m not sure why you say playing the NFC North could get ugly. The Packers are very good, however zero reason to really fear playing the Vikings, Lions, and Bears. The AFC West the Chiefs obviously would be very tough, however once again no reason to fear the Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos. 

The schedule is not that scary IMO. For me there is only 4 games where may go into it not feeling very good about. Those games are the Chiefs, Packers, and both Ravens games. I say the Ravens, because since Lamar took over the Bengals simply have looked horrible against them each time. 

According to websites that I have read, the Bengals have the 6th most difficult strength of schedule (SOS).  Those teams in the NFC North and AFC West have gotten better.  The Browns are better.  I think the Steelers will fix themselves (with or without Ben).  The Bengals have a lot to prove under Taylor.  I will eventually drink the Bengal Kool-Aid like I always do, but as I mentioned at the beginning of the thread, I'd like to see how the draft goes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nkypete said:

According to websites that I have read, the Bengals have the 6th most difficult strength of schedule (SOS).  Those teams in the NFC North and AFC West have gotten better.  The Browns are better.  I think the Steelers will fix themselves (with or without Ben).  The Bengals have a lot to prove under Taylor.  I will eventually drink the Bengal Kool-Aid like I always do, but as I mentioned at the beginning of the thread, I'd like to see how the draft goes.

I’m not saying the Bengals are going to be Super Bowl champs or anything. This is the year we definitely will find out if Taylor is the guy or not. They literally very well could lose every single game that I said they shouldn’t be scared off. My point is besides those four games I mentioned, the rest of the games are going into them that truly could realistically think they have a chance in. As you mentioned some teams who have gotten better. I also think the Bengals have gotten better too, and honestly healthier. They don’t have any easy you know for sure they will win, but overall besides those four games I said. I don’t think the majority of the games are games we can we know for sure they will lose. If they can find away to be at least .500 in the division this year. Then I like their chances of having a solid year. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I’m not saying the Bengals are going to be Super Bowl champs or anything. This is the year we definitely will find out if Taylor is the guy or not. They literally very well could lose every single game that I said they shouldn’t be scared off. My point is besides those four games I mentioned, the rest of the games are going into them that truly could realistically think they have a chance in. As you mentioned some teams who have gotten better. I also think the Bengals have gotten better too, and honestly healthier. They don’t have any easy you know for sure they will win, but overall besides those four games I said. I don’t think the majority of the games are games we can we know for sure they will lose. If they can find away to be at least .500 in the division this year. Then I like their chances of having a solid year. 

I wanted to add that any NFL team (Bengals included) should never be scared to play any other team (even if it means 17 weeks of the Chiefs).  If so, turn in your uniforms and go home.  I was thinking in terms of the fans perspective that it might be "scary" to watch if the Bengals don't show improvement at certain obvious places.

• Like 1