St. Xavier New Stadium and Athletic Complex...

Riverside 157

When all of the Project X expansion work is completed, will there be other schools which can claim to have excellent facilities which include: Football, track staduim, Baseball stadium, Tennis complex, soccer, swimming and lacross fields, field house, training center, gymnasium...? I'm sure there are some schools that have similar facilities, any ideas who they are?

In Louisville the next closest would have to be Male.

PS Great Mercy video!!!

:thumb:

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not been in the Marshall Center, but am told that it is top notch.

Also, Shamrocks, you guys set the standard for first class football stadiums for private schools in Jefferson County. X is following a path blazed by Trinity.

After viewing BuddyBW's photos and walking around the partially finished stadium, I will admit that it eases some of the nostalgia induced distress of leaving Manual Stadium.

Now, if there was just a Checks or Flabbys within walking distance....:D

A group of guys are working on a St.X themed pub within walking distance as we speak. I will find out more tonight at a dinner party.

A group of guys are working on a St.X themed pub within walking distance as we speak. I will find out more tonight at a dinner party.

In the mean time Coy's is being reopened shortly...go there OR there is a upscale :lol: place behind/beside Cissna's Sporting Goods :laugh: :laugh: !

The first home football game will be on August 24 against Ballard. We are currently doing a lot of brainstorming on various ideas to make this a VERY SPECIAL EVENT. :dancingpa

You could let a tiger run wild on the field and the 1st one to get him in a choke hold could win life time tickets???

The first home football game will be on August 24 against Ballard. We are currently doing a lot of brainstorming on various ideas to make this a VERY SPECIAL EVENT. :dancingpa

I am afraid I am busy so you'll have to get another Grand Marshalette for the parade! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am afraid I am busy so you'll have to get another Grand Marshalette for the parade! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hate to hear that, Tony. I thought for sure that I could count on you to be there. I'd already lined up about 160 alums who wanted to have their pictures taken with you...a lot of them were from the Class of '86 (:D ). I guess I'll just have to find another beauty somewhere to make the grand entrance in the stretch Bentley. :cry:

I hate to hear that, Tony. I thought for sure that I could count on you to be there. I'd already lined up about 160 alums who wanted to have their pictures taken with you...a lot of them were from the Class of '86 (:D ). I guess I'll just have to find another beauty somewhere to make the grand entrance in the stretch Bentley. :cry:

Well I plan on attending and I could use a ride. And remember the words of the song that says "everyone is beautiful, in their own waaayyyy".

Well I plan on attending and I could use a ride. And remember the words of the song that says "everyone is beautiful, in their own waaayyyy".

Would you be available to assume the seat in the dunking booth? I'm sure your presence would be a boon to our first-game ceremonies. :lol:

Would you be available to assume the seat in the dunking booth? I'm sure your presence would be a boon to our first-game ceremonies. :lol:

I'm sure I would set a record if those records were kept. I am looking forward to attending a game in your new venue. However, I'm sure I won't be able to duplicate my view from the endzone fence that I enjoyed at Historic Manual Stadium.

Careful, LSURock, about who you ride with. You saw the first Godfather, with Pete Clemenza and Carlo Rizzi.:D