Eddie James is the new Highlands football coach

theguru

Congrats to Coach James and to Highlands. I thought of James as a possibility until I read his background and saw he was coaching at his alma mater. I discounted him as an option because of that. The fact that Highlands was able to get him as coach is testimony that Highlands is considered one of the premiere jobs in Kentucky, as Coach James said in his statement. I am looking forward to the battle of the Eddies in the coming years.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Congrats to Coach James and to Highlands. I thought of James as a possibility until I read his background and saw he was coaching at his alma mater. I discounted him as an option because of that. The fact that Highlands was able to get him as coach is testimony that Highlands is considered one of the premiere jobs in Kentucky, as Coach James said in his statement. I am looking forward to the battle of the Eddies in the coming years.

I LOVE it, The Battle of the Eddies!!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I watched an interview with him before the state championship on YouTube. I liked what he had to say and was about. I especially like to hear he gets heavily involved with the youth league in the community where he coached, that is a recipe for success. 

FYFL and also Elkhorn Middle that feeds directly into FC.

I think the hire checks a lot of the boxes. I think you’ll see HHS playing with a bit of a chip on their shoulders. That is one thing that comes to mind when I think of any of the teams in FC that Coach James has been associated with. They play with a little bit of a swagger. The style of offense and defense I feel fits what some of the fan base has been vocal about. 

Now the question is how he will fill his staff. I doubt anyone is or could come with him. I believe a number of the guys at FC have been with him for awhile even going back to when he coached MS. NKY is a different area which he may or may not have connections in to help get his staff the way he wants it. Best of luck to Coach James and HHS moving forward. 

Not Highlands or Franklin County fan, per se, but have followed both for some time, including announcing some of both teams' games.

Franklin County was always good to work with under James; I was just up there for a broadcast in 2019.   I think the Birds found a winning ticket here.

Congrats EJ !!!  I'll be honest, being a Boyle Co. guy there were times in the last few years that I wasn't exactly shedding a tear for the Bluebirds after a big loss.  But, being a huge fan of football, and KY high school football in particular, the state of Ky high school football is better when HHS is HHS.  With this hire I think they will be HHS football again sooner than later.  Congrats on a very good hire. 

• Like 4