theguru

Eddie James is the new Highlands football coach

Welcome to Highlands Coach James. Thx to the advisory committee for delivering a winner to Ft Thomas. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to meeting Coach James, his wife Nikki and the kids.  Welcome to Fort Thomas.  

You had me at battle of the Eddies. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bill W. said:

In his interview he ended with "Beat Colonels" . My kind of guy!

Not many people would know that he did this but thx for sharing . Iam glad he has his priorities straight. 😁

• Like 4

I believe Coach James attended the small two day clinic that Coach Muller put on after he retired. One of the things Coach Muller talked about was the “Beat Colonels”. That he had even the elementary school kids say it when he did camps with them. I believe it would of been while he was at Boyle Co. Those two days might of given Coach James a little insight into HHS that outsiders would not of had. Very smart move with the statement at the end 

3 hours ago, BEChargers said:

Congrats EJ !!!  I'll be honest, being a Boyle Co. guy there were times in the last few years that I wasn't exactly shedding a tear for the Bluebirds after a big loss.  But, being a huge fan of football, and KY high school football in particular, the state of Ky high school football is better when HHS is HHS.  With this hire I think they will be HHS football again sooner than later.  Congrats on a very good hire. 

Truth.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, barrel said:

I believe Coach James attended the small two day clinic that Coach Muller put on after he retired. One of the things Coach Muller talked about was the “Beat Colonels”. That he had even the elementary school kids say it when he did camps with them. I believe it would of been while he was at Boyle Co. Those two days might of given Coach James a little insight into HHS that outsiders would not of had. Very smart move with the statement at the end 

This is where Highlands and CJ met. I was having lunch and rehashing the whole hiring process yesterday at lunch with my brother and I had mentioned that I have been watching video of CJ and his teams bear a similar resemblance of past Highlands’s teams, very disciplined, physical with  can’t lose attitude.

Thx for sharing, makes so much sense now.

I just heard Coach James introduction presser and I can tell you the Birds are back.  This man gets it and will be a sight for sore eyes for the old timers like me.  As Coach James said, Beat Colonels!!!!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jack of all Trades said:

I just heard Coach James introduction presser and I can tell you the Birds are back.  This man gets it and will be a sight for sore eyes for the old timers like me.  As Coach James said, Beat Colonels!!!!!!

Agreed. When I heard he was an option he instantly went to the top of the list for me. Granted I’m biased with him being from Frankfort, but he’s a dude. I really think he’s going to excel there. 

• Like 2

Left the presser even more excited about Coach James.  Good turnout of players and families on the drive to the fieldhouse and I'll be, if he didn't walk back up that driveway saying hello and introducing him and his family to every single person.   Very classy move on his part.   Time to go to work. 

8 minutes ago, observerbynature said:

Left the presser even more excited about Coach James.  Good turnout of players and families on the drive to the fieldhouse and I'll be, if he didn't walk back up that driveway saying hello and introducing him and his family to every single person.   Very classy move on his part.   Time to go to work. 

This is exactly the shot in the arm that the program needs.  Now hire a staff that has that same passion and the Birds are in business.

1 hour ago, Sweeperboy said:

This is where Highlands and CJ met. I was having lunch and rehashing the whole hiring process yesterday at lunch with my brother and I had mentioned that I have been watching video of CJ and his teams bear a similar resemblance of past Highlands’s teams, very disciplined, physical with  can’t lose attitude.

Thx for sharing, makes so much sense now.

Wait.....there was a meeting? Dang Covid!

8 minutes ago, OldCamelNewBird said:

Is the a recording of the press conference anywhere?

It’s on Ft. Thomas Schools’ Facebook page. 

First runner-up gets the Trinity gig?