BluegrassPreps Class 4A Football Rankings (10/5) - Discussion

TheDeuce

Class 4A

It was a COVID kind of week for 4A, with seven out of the Top Ten taking a week off.  Johnson Central and Central held it down for the top five, winning by a combined 93-6 against Clay County and Shelby County, respectively.  Johnson Central amassed 371 yards on the ground in their win, with Dylan Preston leading the way, scoring three times on only four carries for 112 yards. Central has yet to be scored upon in their two games, and were led by Justin Bush's 143 yards on 11 attempts with a score.  Logan County fell to 1-2 after falling 19-10 to a tough Glasgow team.  Corbin Rayno was 10/21 for 109 yards in his first action as starting QB following Baptiste's broken leg, and Anthony Woodard posted 103 yards on six catches.  This week hopefully promises more action, headlined by a pair of top ten matchups when Boyle County visits Lexington Catholic and Corbin hosts Knox Central.

1. Johnson Central vs. Perry County Central

2. Boyle County at #6 Lexington Catholic

3. Franklin County - OPEN

4. Central at Waggener

5. Corbin vs. #8 Knox Central

6. Lexington Catholic vs. #2 Boyle County

7. Wayne County vs. Lincoln County

8. Knox Central at #5 Corbin

9. Hopkinsville  - OPEN

10. Russell County - OPEN

8 minutes ago, BillNye said:

4A is extremely top heavy.  The fact that Wayne County and Hopkinsville are in the top 10 is a reflection of the lack of depth in the class. 

Talent wise both are top 10 teams. This class is Boyle, Johnson Central and then everyone else. I still think we have a final 4 of Johnson Central, Boyle, Hopkinsville, Louisville Central/Franklin County.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BillNye said:

4A is extremely top heavy.  The fact that Wayne County and Hopkinsville are in the top 10 is a reflection of the lack of depth in the class. 

Wayne lost two heartbreakers to Southwestern & Danville. Hopkinsville had two good wins over Henderson County and Caldwell County then the worst lost of any top 10 ranked team in the class against Calloway. 

Their resume in 4A merits top 10 in my opinion. But this class beyond a shocking upset or Covid quarantine will be a rematch in Lexington BC vs JC. 

2 hours ago, WKY_Football said:

Talent wise both are top 10 teams. This class is Boyle, Johnson Central and then everyone else. I still think we have a final 4 of Johnson Central, Boyle, Hopkinsville, Louisville Central/Franklin County.

I'm glad to see people aren't forgetting Franklin County. By the time they get back on the field, a month will have passed since they last played. You gotta wonder if they can pick up where they left off. They get 2-0 Waggener, then Central when they return to play.

5 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

I'm glad to see people aren't forgetting Franklin County. By the time they get back on the field, a month will have passed since they last played. You gotta wonder if they can pick up where they left off. They get 2-0 Waggener, then Central when they return to play.

That’s a huge factor. Biggest thing is some of these teams will be underseeded in the playoffs due to Covid layoffs & other things Covid. It’s all about getting in the dance and then taking care of business.

• Like 1