BGP QOTD: What's The Coolest Thing You've Ever Done?

TheDeuce

Your definition of cool is up to you, but what is the coolest thing you've ever done?

Both of my top two are DJ events. One was in front of 40,000 people on the Waterfront in Louisville with the Louisville Orchestra. The other was DJ'ing at Forecastle.

Let's hear yours.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I think of life’s moments that make me smile the most:

Number one for sure is becoming a mom, and subsequently watching my kids’ successes. And “success” has a very different meaning when you are a parent. Various travels. One particular award I received at my job. Buying my first house. Watching my dad recover from cancer. Sorry to list so many ha ha.

I don't know if this is the "coolest" thing that I have ever done, but it is a cool thing. I'm part of a Guinness World Record. I was part of the largest sales meeting ever inside the old Georgia Dome. I share the record with about 80,000 other people.

I don't know if this is the "coolest" thing that I have ever done, but it is a cool thing. I'm part of a Guinness World Record. I was part of the largest sales meeting ever inside the old Georgia Dome. I share the record with about 80,000 other people.

I was once part of a Guiness record also. I participated in the worlds largest Simon Sez game. I was at national convention for college residence hall associations at the University of Florida. It took place on the field at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. The guy running used to go around the country challenging groups and individuals. He carried $5,000 certified check for any individual that could last 2 minutes with him one on one.

I don't have any children of my own, so my story is a little more R-rated. When I was way younger I was at a Robert Earl Keen show at a club in Nashville standing backstage talking to Keen and he introduced me to Kris Kristofferson and Willie Nelson. I asked Kris to tell me something cool, so he told me a story and Willie lit up. Needless to say, it was an awesome time. Kris even told me I was really cool, because I didn't bug either of them for an autograph.

Both of my top two are DJ events. One was in front of 40,000 people on the Waterfront in Louisville with the Louisville Orchestra. The other was DJ'ing at Forecastle.

When we get back to normal I do want to come to one of your gigs.