Carmel (IN) 23 Trinity 8 (Frosh)

The problem with the Baby Bengals is that since 2009 they grow up to never live up to the hype and fizzle out to Trinity and Male come playoff time.

I guess. In the last 10 season I don’t recall but may be two St. X freshman teams with big hype, and one was last year.

On a side note, I heard the starting Trinity QB broke his collar bone. That’s a tough way to start a high school career.

Trinity has held a significant coaching advantage over Saint x until now. We’ll see how the St X freshman teams does this year but coach Wallace might have monster classes with his freshman and sophomores. The loaded Trinity junior class will make things difficult for Saint X this year and next but I see the worm beginning turn.

The problem with the Baby Bengals is that since 2009 they grow up to never live up to the hype and fizzle out to Trinity and Male come playoff time.

Wallace will change this. I’ve heard X has 8-10 freshmen that Wallace isn’t even letting them play freshmen ball. He’s pulling them up to JV.

WOW. Looks like since Trinity and Male aren’t in X district any more, they better not schedule them in the future.

But in all seriousness this rivalry needed Wallace or someone of his caliber at St. X. Glaser was struggling to keep up with style of play, but was a good coach and Wolford was just in over his head in every way imaginable. When we look back at this time, it will be the hiring of Wallace that brought the fire and excitement back to this rivalry. I’m not saying Wallace will win every game between the two but the playing will be as even as it’s been in a long time.