EPL Season Winding Down

mcpapa

Only two games left in the Premier League season, and here’s an amazing (to me, anyway) factoid.

All indications are that Liverpool will finish the 38-game season with just one loss. And that they will finish in second place to Manchester City.

Only two games left in the Premier League season, and here’s an amazing (to me, anyway) factoid.

All indications are that Liverpool will finish the 38-game season with just one loss. And that they will finish in second place to Manchester City.

What's worse for LFC is that goal line technology is going to be the difference.

I've been trying to watch the Premier League more and more the past couple years. VAR can't come fast enough, IMO.

Same here on watching the EPL. Gives me something to watch early on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

And to to be fair, I still pooh-pooh the constant flopping and general histrionics, the pre-game prancing exercises, the inconsistency of the officiating and stoppage time, and any number of other things. But I watch it anyway, while I cannot get into the other professional leagues, or soccer at any other level. It’s like a guilty pleasure, or rubbernecking at an accident. I have to watch, and there will be a void after the season concludes on May 12 - championship Sunday.

And it it goes without saying that I LOVE the concept of relegation/promotion.

Same here on watching the EPL. Gives me something to watch early on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

And to to be fair, I still pooh-pooh the constant flopping and general histrionics, the pre-game prancing exercises, the inconsistency of the officiating and stoppage time, and any number of other things. But I watch it anyway, while I cannot get into the other professional leagues, or soccer at any other level. It’s like a guilty pleasure, or rubbernecking at an accident. I have to watch, and there will be a void after the season concludes on May 12 - championship Sunday.

And it it goes without saying that I LOVE the concept of relegation/promotion.

We need relegation in ALL professional sports leagues. That would be awesome.