Projecting Kentucky's 2019/20 Roster

In what world are Jamaal Murray and De’Aaron Fox not elite?

Exactly, or Booker, or any of the other lottery and 1st rounders. The NCAA tournament is a crap shoot. This year was a prime example. Duke with 3 top 6 draft Picks gets bounced in the Elite 8 with arguably the greatest coach of our generation at the helm.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, or Booker, or any of the other lottery and 1st rounders. The NCAA tournament is a crap shoot. This year was a prime example. Duke with 3 top 6 draft Picks gets bounced in the Elite 8 with arguably the greatest coach of our generation at the helm.

This times as many as you want.

Except that coach has multiple titles, 5 I think.

We ran Tubby off with only one title, the tournament is a crapshoot right? If Cal only has one when it’s all said and done, will he be validated for having more NBA picks but same amount of titles? Or is that actually worse?

We ran Tubby off with only one title, the tournament is a crapshoot right? If Cal only has one when it’s all said and done, will he be validated for having more NBA picks but same amount of titles? Or is that actually worse?

I’m not saying you don’t have a legit argument but Tubby won the title in his first year and never made the final four again in his final 9 years. One thing Cal has going for him is another three Final Fours.

If you want to complain about only having 1 title during his time here. Then fine, there is plenty of other unrealistic fans who agree you. However, you are trying to write a narrative that is not true. You keep acting like he can't win unless he has the top overall pick type player. Which you use the last few elite 8 years as like its proof or something. However, it's not proof because teams like 2017 and 2019, were basically same type of teams talent level as 2011 and 2014. Which those years in 2011 and 2014 they even beat teams more talented than them. So it really goes against your whole argument of he can't win without basically best college bball player in country.

Probably one of the worst things to happen for those that like to make arguments against Cal not winning with elite talent.

Give Cal 40 years at a program like Duke or Uk and he’d probably have 4-5 as well.

Give Cal 40 years at a program like Duke or Uk and he’d probably have 4-5 as well.

Well one a decade is his pace at UK so that makes sense, next decade he will. catch Billy Donovan and Jay Wright. Two guys who could take over for him.

Well one a decade is his pace at UK so that makes sense, next decade he will. catch Billy Donovan and Jay Wright. Two guys who could take over for him.

Given that I've only seen 3 in my life and one in the last 21 years, I'm content with that. Especially if we are pretty consistently in the Elite Eight and Final Four most of that time.