May 20, 20197 yr Doesn't UK have the number one class this season right now? Haven't they had the 1 or 2 class every year for the last 10 years? Seems to me they have had more people say I do on the Altar than other schools. True, we had a great run on superstars. Nothing wrong with second tier talent, it’s good for elite 8’s which most schools never sniff.
May 21, 20197 yr True, we had a great run on superstars. Nothing wrong with second tier talent, it’s good for elite 8’s which most schools never sniff. Didn't have elite talent in 2011 made final four. Didn't have elite talent in 2014 made the finals. So kind of goes again your narrative you keep trying to write.
May 21, 20197 yr Didn't have elite talent in 2011 made final four. Didn't have elite talent in 2014 made the finals. So kind of goes again your narrative you keep trying to write. Ahh Randle and the twins were like 2,5 and 6 nationally I believe. Randle is still one of the highest rated signees ever. There’s a reason why we made it to the finals that year...
May 21, 20197 yr Didn't have elite talent in 2011 made final four. Didn't have elite talent in 2014 made the finals. So kind of goes again your narrative you keep trying to write. 2011 had a young Brandon Knight, Doron Lamb, Terrence Jones. Add to that a Deandre Liggins, Darius Miller, and Josh Harrellson. All of these players were drafted by the NBA. I'd call any player drafted by the NBA as pretty elite. 2014 had Randle and Young drafted that year. WCS, Harrisons, Johnson. All of these would be drafted the next year. Pretty elite talent.
May 21, 20197 yr Kentucky’s getting 2nd-tier talent?? That’s probably the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard since Cal has been coach.
May 21, 20197 yr Kentucky’s getting 2nd-tier talent?? That’s probably the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard since Cal has been coach. Do you remember the superstars we used to get? Well we haven’t gotten one since Karl going on what 5 years now? What’s ridiculous is we’re looking for transfers annually to fill recruiting misses.
May 21, 20197 yr Do you remember the superstars we used to get? Well we haven’t gotten one since Karl going on what 5 years now? What’s ridiculous is we’re looking for transfers annually to fill recruiting misses. I thought Murray was a legit star, just young. Same with Fox.
May 21, 20197 yr Do you remember the superstars we used to get? Well we haven’t gotten one since Karl going on what 5 years now? What’s ridiculous is we’re looking for transfers annually to fill recruiting misses. In 2015 (After KAT) We had the #2,10,12,16 rated players Duke had #3, 14,15,18,20 In 2016 We had the #6,10,12,14 Duke had #3,5,8,18 In 2017 We had the # 9,11,15 (a down year I suppose) (18,19,20 also) Duke had #1,7,10,17 2018 we had the 6,12,18,19 Duke had 1,3, 7,10 (Zion was #7) 2019 so far we have 10,11,14 and #13 on the fence Duke has 6,16 These were from 247. Recruiting isn’t an exact science, but aside from 2018, you can’t act like Duke is running away with all the Tier 1 one talent and UK is getting a bunch of Scrubs. I’m not even sure how you can make these ridiculous statements and expect them to be taken serious.
May 21, 20197 yr In 2015 (After KAT) We had the #2,10,12,16 rated players Duke had #3, 14,15,18,20 In 2016 We had the #6,10,12,14 Duke had #3,5,8,18 In 2017 We had the # 9,11,15 (a down year I suppose) (18,19,20 also) Duke had #1,7,10,17 2018 we had the 6,12,18,19 Duke had 1,3, 7,10 (Zion was #7) 2019 so far we have 10,11,14 and #13 on the fence Duke has 6,16 These were from 247. Recruiting isn’t an exact science, but aside from 2018, you can’t act like Duke is running away with all the Tier 1 one talent and UK is getting a bunch of Scrubs. I’m not even sure how you can make these ridiculous statements and expect them to be taken serious. So it’s not a coincidence after Cal stopped landing rockstars his longest final 4 drought at UK began? Before you say I’m spoiled, well yes I am, we’re supposed to be the Alabama of college bball. Yes, Cal still gets good players but as I’ve been telling you all for years Cal is superstar dependent, guess you still think it’s a coincidence his only title came with Davis, or that Marcus Camby put him on the map. He couldn’t out coach Bruce Weber or Bruce Pearl without his best player without rockstar talent. He’s essentially getting the guys we wanted Tubby to get, Cal isn’t Tubby, two different systems. I’m not even convinced Wall or Davis would be at UK today, Penny jumped him at the buffet line now, yet Barbee and Justice are still on the staff.
May 21, 20197 yr 2011 had a young Brandon Knight, Doron Lamb, Terrence Jones. Add to that a Deandre Liggins, Darius Miller, and Josh Harrellson. All of these players were drafted by the NBA. I'd call any player drafted by the NBA as pretty elite. 2014 had Randle and Young drafted that year. WCS, Harrisons, Johnson. All of these would be drafted the next year. Pretty elite talent. You are 10 steps behind the conversation me and JA are having. He has been applying for awhile that Cal can't win without elite superstar talent like John Wall, Davis, Towns. Which is why he says the last few years hasn't had elite talent since 2015. Well since 2015 we have had guys like Murray, Ullis, Fox, Monk, Bam, Herro, Johnson, Washington ,etc. Which is all guys who were very much like the players on the 2011, and 2014 teams. However, since they have only made the elite 8 the last few years with those guys. He likes to say that Cal can't win unless he has guys like Wall, Davis, and Towns. My point is we have already seen Cal win without the type of players he says Cal must have. I wasn't putting those players down in 2011 and 2014. I was using them as examples of teams much like the ones he has put down lately. As teams Cal has won with, without having the type of guys he says Cal must have.
May 21, 20197 yr Do you remember the superstars we used to get? Well we haven’t gotten one since Karl going on what 5 years now? What’s ridiculous is we’re looking for transfers annually to fill recruiting misses. How is that ridiculous? That is a new trend in college basketball with the new rules. So you don't think they should take advantage of that and get a guy who is talented but also with college experience already? Everyone likes to say UK needs experience too, but now you also complain about that? Which gets back to what I always say. There is no perfect solution, people always will find something to complain about.
May 21, 20197 yr So it’s not a coincidence after Cal stopped landing rockstars his longest final 4 drought at UK began? Before you say I’m spoiled, well yes I am, we’re supposed to be the Alabama of college bball. Yes, Cal still gets good players but as I’ve been telling you all for years Cal is superstar dependent, guess you still think it’s a coincidence his only title came with Davis, or that Marcus Camby put him on the map. He couldn’t out coach Bruce Weber or Bruce Pearl without his best player without rockstar talent. He’s essentially getting the guys we wanted Tubby to get, Cal isn’t Tubby, two different systems. I’m not even convinced Wall or Davis would be at UK today, Penny jumped him at the buffet line now, yet Barbee and Justice are still on the staff. Once again 2011 and 2014 completely go against your statements. Those teams were filled with same type of players, his current teams have been getting. Only difference is they won one more game or two. While the 2017 lost by a last second shot in the elite 8 and this year lost in overtime in elite 8. Talent wise 2011 and 2014 pretty dead in similar to 2017 and 2019. So he did prove he could win without rock stars as you said. In fact in 2011 and 2014 he beat teams with more talent than his teams to make those final fours. So once again goes completely against what you are claiming.
May 21, 20197 yr So it’s not a coincidence after Cal stopped landing rockstars his longest final 4 drought at UK began? Before you say I’m spoiled, well yes I am, we’re supposed to be the Alabama of college bball. Yes, Cal still gets good players but as I’ve been telling you all for years Cal is superstar dependent, guess you still think it’s a coincidence his only title came with Davis, or that Marcus Camby put him on the map. He couldn’t out coach Bruce Weber or Bruce Pearl without his best player without rockstar talent. He’s essentially getting the guys we wanted Tubby to get, Cal isn’t Tubby, two different systems. I’m not even convinced Wall or Davis would be at UK today, Penny jumped him at the buffet line now, yet Barbee and Justice are still on the staff. How on earth are you gathering he’s not getting elite talent? Look at those players he gets every year!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.