Projecting Kentucky's 2019/20 Roster

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny Juzang reclassified to 2019. If Cal can land Juzang and Blackshear it would be a very impressive ending to the 2019 recruiting class. Even though Blackshear and Sestina don't technically count towards the class they are both big time additions.

You are allowed 13 scholarship players. No excuse for Kentucky to have fewer than 12 on the roster in any year given the expected turnover. By my count, Kentucky had nine scholarship players in uniform for the NCAA Tourney. Had room for another point guard, which was needed. I don't understand the 'Thin 30' mentality with Calipari.

You are allowed 13 scholarship players. No excuse for Kentucky to have fewer than 12 on the roster in any year given the expected turnover. By my count, Kentucky had nine scholarship players in uniform for the NCAA Tourney. Had room for another point guard, which was needed. I don't understand the 'Thin 30' mentality with Calipari.

They started the year with three point guards before Quade Green transferred. Leaving a scholarship or two open also allows them the opportunity to fully recruit top players hard still, without having to worry about if they will have a scholarship open or not.

Yeah they could go ahead and add a few more once guys declare and you know you have open spots. Then again some guys wont come because of playing time, or you are filling spots with guys who may never play. Then you have a fan base yelling saying guys suck, why are they wasting a scholarship on a guy who wont ever play.

UK played 9 guys basically last year. Depth was not an issue.

Have seen lots of rumblings that Kentucky is in a much better position to landing Jaden McDaniels than what everyone is saying. Add him and Juzang and they’ve got themselves one heck of a roster again for next season.

It would be nice to get McDaniels but I feel like Blackshere would be more of a help in terms of UK winning a national title. McDaniels is listed as 6'10 and 185 lbs, just not sure he has enough size to play the 4 next year at UK.

We had 2 walkons this past season (Brad and Zan Payne and we'll have 3 this season with the addition of the kid from GRC. Jonny David got a scholarship this past season. He and Brad have graduated and Brad has 1 or 2 more years of eligibilty left since he didn't play last year. Jonny David initially walked on.

Edited by GOREDDEVILS

I think Kentucky ends up with Juzang and Blackshear with a possibility of Mcdaniels instead of Blackshear.

I found this on Brad from the courier journal:

Calipari’s son, Brad, tweeted Sunday he would be “a part of the BBN next season.” A senior at the MacDuffie School in Massachusetts, Brad had long been considered a likely candidate for a future walk-on spot at Kentucky but was also reported to be considering pursing a scholarship offer at a smaller program.

Edited by GOREDDEVILS

Kentucky has 9 on Scholarship right now if Ej and Nick Return plus 4 open to sign any new players. If Ej and Nick Leave that would open 2 more to make 6. The 9 Scholarships right now is counting the incoming guys that have signed.