Bowl Projections / 11-20-06

h.s.sportsrbest

UK will definitely be in a bowl game. It's all about the all mighty $, and Kentucky brings 35,000+ fans.

Anyway, other than the championship game, the other bowls don't really mean a whole lot, so why should they care whether UK beat La-Monroe by 2 or 42?

UK will put fans in the stands....and the bowls have known that for a long time.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That MIGHT be a stretch....;) :lol:

I'll go on record right now as saying that Rich Brooks will build this program to a 9-3 to 10-2 team within the next 3 seasons. I think if we had any sign of a division 1 defense, we'd be 8-3 right now. I look for 7-5 or 8-4 next season, with at least another major win.

I'll go on record right now as saying that Rich Brooks will build this program to a 9-3 to 10-2 team within the next 3 seasons. I think if we had any sign of a division 1 defense, we'd be 8-3 right now. I look for 7-5 or 8-4 next season, with at least another major win.

I'll say 9-3 next year.

I can't believe that UK would stoop to playing in the Liberty Bowl. Isn't that the same Liberty Bowl that the CUSA winner plays in? The same bowl that UofL played in that the Wildcat Faithful scoffed at? You know the freezing weather jokes etc. And now the Cats would actually be excited about playing in December in Memphis and bring 35,000 fans? Hard to believe.

To a team that hasn't sniffed a bowl game in, what six or seven years, the Liberty Bowl is a reasonable baby step. I can't see UK turning down the opportunity because they think it is below them. After all, this is a program that has gone 18-39 the past five seasons.