Moeller (OH) is looking for a head football coach...again.

As to Eviston to Moeller, there are several issues to consider - the nephew, the pay difference, career aspirations.

The nephew - I don't see that as an issue. The nephew will be fine next year without Eddie and his college prospects are likely decided by this summer. That has nothing to do with Eddie coaching next year.

The pay difference - My understanding is the package for the head coach at Moeller amounts to about $65,000 a year. I don't know how that compares to CCH. The other factor here is I have heard Eddie's wife has a very good job and pay is not really a big issue. Someone told me the reason Eddie left Georgetown and came to CCH is not because of him but because his wife got a very nice job back here in Cincinnati. That prompted the move. I am sure some of the CCH posters can confirm or correct that information for us. If true, I don't see pay as a factor.

Career - Somewhat tied to the information above, where does Eddie want to go career wise? Does he want to get back to college level? Is that even a possibility if his wife has the better job? If he wants to get back to college level and higher than Georgetown, then take the Moeller job. The connections and exposure he will get there far exceed what he will get at CCH.

Could care less. The current cycle will not last forever as we all know from what 15 games of dominance? He was the coach in 2015 and lost to Highlands not once, but twice.

That was Eviston's first year at CovCath and that team finished 5 - 8. What's the series record been since? I think most Highlands fans care very much about who the CovCath coach is.

Could care less. The current cycle will not last forever as we all know from what 15 games of dominance? He was the coach in 2015 and lost to Highlands not once, but twice.

Funny...first year on job. Dale lost not once, but twice to CovCath his 1st year. This thing is just getting going.

That was Eviston's first year at CovCath and that team finished 5 - 8. What's the series record been since? I think most Highlands fans care very much about who the CovCath coach is.

I agree colonel-fan, Highlands fans should care because this can be many years of domination if Eviston stays. I hope Highlands beats Conner tonight so CCH can destroy Highlands by 40+ points in round 2.

Kind of interesting how this has turned to a Highlands/Cov Cath thread. I think Coach Eviston has an easier time getting good players at CCH than the competition he would face for talent at Moeller. Much easier to win state title in KY. Sometimes people are happy where they are and I imagine he is being payed well at CCH and has a limited classroom responsibility.

Kind of interesting how this has turned to a Highlands/Cov Cath thread. I think Coach Eviston has an easier time getting good players at CCH than the competition he would face for talent at Moeller. Much easier to win state title in KY. Sometimes people are happy where they are and I imagine he is being payed well at CCH and has a limited classroom responsibility.

They started it!

:popcorn:

The nephew - I don't see that as an issue. The nephew will be fine next year without Eddie and his college prospects are likely decided by this summer. That has nothing to do with Eddie coaching next year.

So you know the nature of how close he and his nephew are and how important/unimportant it is to coach him through high school. Seems presumptuous.