Moeller (OH) is looking for a head football coach...again.

A reliable source tells me that Moeller paid their head coach $12000 last year but camps and other add ons more than double that.

That’s it? So 24k a year? Surely you missed a zero? Or is that in addition to the teaching salary?

1. Eviston was not on any list last time around. The job was Pat McLaughlin's (alum and LaSalle head coach) until Rosfeld emerged late in the process.

2. All GCL coaches are paid according to the GCL scale for that particular sport. All head coaches receive the same "base" and then percentage increases are given for years experience. It is not $40,000. Of course schools get creative with positions and other stipends for weight room duty, etc. I believe Rosfeld held a position either in the alumni or development office. Everyone would be shocked with what these guys actually make. This ain't Texas. The Covington Diocese is even worse because they have a unified scale for all schools. The Cincinnati Archdiocese does not. Moeller can pay its people whatever it can afford, but must abide by the coaches pay scale set by the GCL. So, in all likelihood the Bengals doubled or even tripled what Rosfeld was making at Moeller.

3. Maybe Eviston will be considered this time around. Who knows, but Cincinnati is a different beast and he doesn't have any experience dealing with it. A lot more competition to get kids to come to your school because there are so many choices. Rodenberg was very familiar that process having spent so many years at McNick before going to CCH. With the turnover the last 24 months, my guess is they will be valuing loyalty this time around and looking for someone to be in the job for awhile.

I can tell you with 100 percent confidence that at least part of number 2 is incorrect, and I'll leave it at that.

Eddie coached at Norwood prior to NCC. So he has been over the water coaching.

Also was the OC for Georgetown (NAIA). Pretty sure better gig than any high school gig in the Greater Cincy area. May be tough for him to leave considering his QB is his nephew.

A reliable source tells me that Moeller paid their head coach $12000 last year but camps and other add ons more than double that.

That’s it? So 24k a year? Surely you missed a zero? Or is that in addition to the teaching salary?

Is that $12,000 the supplement for the football head coach?

Yes, that is just the coaching income. That does not include the income from whatever job the coach may have at the school. Rosfeld's job was something like director of advancement or donations so he may have been making $60,000 or so for that job.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
When did Moeller begin playing varsity football (if you know)?

The school opened in the fall of 1960 and they had varsity football their first year, with zero seniors playing in the first season.

Gerry Faust: 1960-1980 (178-23-2)

Ted Bacigalupo: 1981 (13-1)

Steve Klonne: 1982-2000 (169-48)

Bob Crable: 2001-2008 (49-29)

John Rodenberg: 2009-2017 (80-41)

Doug Rosfeld: 2018 (6-5)

The school opened in the fall of 1960 and they had varsity football their first year, with zero seniors playing in the first season.

@theguru do you know this coach?

Thank you. I did not know that Faust was their first coach.

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke at length with a Moeller football parent recently and she was very disappointed/sad/whatever you want to call it that Coach Rosfeld left.

We really didn't talk too much Moeller football if you know what I mean but I thought I would add that little tidbit.

• 6 months later...