Moeller (OH) is looking for a head football coach...again.

7 minutes ago, theguru said:

I believe Coach Rash coached at Moeller many years ago.

Noel Rash:
1985-1987 Lloyd Memorial High School Assistant Football Coach
1993-1994 Simon Kenton High School Assistant Football Coach
1996-1999 Moeller High School Assistant Football Coach
1998-2001 Beechwood High School Head Baseball Coach
2000-2005 Beechwood High School Assistant Football Coach
2006-Present Beechwood High School Head Football Coach

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Noel Rash:
1985-1987 Lloyd Memorial High School Assistant Football Coach
1993-1994 Simon Kenton High School Assistant Football Coach
1996-1999 Moeller High School Assistant Football Coach
1998-2001 Beechwood High School Head Baseball Coach
2000-2005 Beechwood High School Assistant Football Coach
2006-Present Beechwood High School Head Football Coach

Thanks CWB.

I wonder how many years Coach Rash has in the Kentucky system and if he is eligible to retire yet?

I think Moeller would be lucky to get someone like Coach Rash but I hope he stays at Beechwood.

11 minutes ago, theguru said:

Thanks CWB.

I wonder how many years Coach Rash has in the Kentucky system and if he is eligible to retire yet?

I think Moeller would be lucky to get someone like Coach Rash but I hope he stays at Beechwood.

He started teaching at Beechwood in the 1998-99 school year. So that would make this year his 25th year, assuming he wasn't teaching at Lloyd or Simon Kenton (I don't think he taught at either, but don't quote me on that.)

Noel has to have 27 years in and be minimum 55 years of age for retirement benefits. I think they changed the KTRS retirement parameters to be 30 years of service and minimum 57 years of age, but that only applies to teachers hired after January 1, 2022.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

The Moe guys I talk to doubt the Crusaders would hire a coach from a smaller school classification in Kentucky. They are not on the selection committee, but usually have their finger on the pulse of the athletic programs.

3 minutes ago, colonel-fan said:

The Moe guys I talk to doubt the Crusaders would hire a coach from a smaller school classification in Kentucky. They are not on the selection committee, but usually have their finger on the pulse of the athletic programs.

I understand the mindset but all things considered it comes off as slightly arrogant. 

• Like 3

On 2/3/2023 at 9:52 AM, Cov_Cath_Hwy said:

CCH’s Eviston has to be at or near the top of the list.  If so, does anything keep Him from taking the Moeller Job and staying at CCH?  I would doubt it….

The potential speculation thread on a new Cov. Cath. Head Football Coach would be a doozie!!!

Happy Friday and Go Colonels!

I believe Eddie will go for it. As he was pursued when it was open last time before Elder. The difference now is I believe one of the things keeping Eviston in one place and in the routine without a shake up was his brother Brian was still alive, and battling ALS, and would have been tough to take the Moeller job or the Georgetown College job. 

If Eddie goes to Moeller, Brett Dietz would be the next head coach at CovCath IMO. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheConch said:

I believe Eddie will go for it. As he was pursued when it was open last time before Elder. The difference now is I believe one of the things keeping Eviston in one place and in the routine without a shake up was his brother Brian was still alive, and battling ALS, and would have been tough to take the Moeller job or the Georgetown College job. 

If Eddie goes to Moeller, Brett Dietz would be the next head coach at CovCath IMO. 

Brett Dietz was a helluva QB at Cov. Cath. and I believe in the Arena Football league(I know it’s one of those type of leagues, but not 100% sure), but I am completely unfamiliar with His coaching career…..

It would be nice for a CCH guy to eventually Coach…..getting way ahead of myself here, but some time down the road I could absolutely see AJ Mayer filling that role on a very long term and successful tenure……that’s for another thread about a decade from now.

2 hours ago, TheConch said:

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves and despite some of the complaining on this board (including from me), I hope EE stays, but I would obviously understand if he took the job. 

If he leaves, however, I think this would be an excellent hire. Back to back 9 win seasons in his first two at the D3 level as a head coach after a couple mediocre seasons before he took over. He was a college OC for six years before that. He was also a really good player at CCH and was very likable the couple of times I met him.

• Like 3

Noel was well regarded during his assistant stint at Moeller some 25 years ago.  If he was interested I am sure he would garner serious consideration.  The problem is he ain't (1) taking a pay-cut, (2) leaving KTRS, (3) entering a job at this stage in his life with exponentially greater expectations and pressure and (4) leave a program that I think the majority of fans and people in the area consider his.  I could be wrong here, but it just doesn't make good sense.  These GCL jobs are brutal.  You are fighting for the same handful of kids and some of the public options these days are just as good. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James Graham said:

Noel was well regarded during his assistant stint at Moeller some 25 years ago.  If he was interested I am sure he would garner serious consideration.  The problem is he ain't (1) taking a pay-cut, (2) leaving KTRS, (3) entering a job at this stage in his life with exponentially greater expectations and pressure and (4) leave a program that I think the majority of fans and people in the area consider his.  I could be wrong here, but it just doesn't make good sense.  These GCL jobs are brutal.  You are fighting for the same handful of kids and some of the public options these days are just as good. 

Completely agree on all counts.

I've got to think when they're looking for their 5th coach in 7 seasons, there are going to be quite a few people who have to question if they think Moeller is an entirely good option as much or more than Moeller will be questioning whether or not they are a good option. 

• Like 1