Moeller (OH) is looking for a head football coach...again.

It would be interesting to know how many applicants Moeller actually had. My guess is it is less than many would think. Many factors come into play with private school jobs. The biggest one is teacher retirement. This limits the candidate pool extensively because public school guys aren't going to leave the teacher retirement system to take a private school job.

This leaves you with 3 types of candidates.

1. Guys without teaching degrees so they can't teach and make certified money in the public school system anyway
  2. Retirees of the public school system looking to double dip.
  3. Current private school coaches and young guys that aren't invested in the public school system yet. 

Moeller is really not the prestigious job people want to make it out to be. Especially considering job security doesn't seem to be something a winning football coach has at Moeller.

15 hours ago, TheBearsFavoriteHat said:

I can't imagine with his coaching career seemingly skyrocketing that he would entertain this..... 

Or would he?

No. Substantial pay cut lol.

15 hours ago, TheConch said:

Uhhhhh…..

“Ohio State Buckeyes Offensive Coordinator Brian Hartline the NEW Head Football Coach at Archbishop Moeller High School? #GoBigMoe #GoBucks” - via Barrett Cohen (Director of Alumni @ Moeller) on Twitter.

That is one powerful question mark at the end of that statement.

This tweet also included an interview in which Cohen asked Hartline if he would be interested in the Moeller job, hence the question mark. Hartline's answer was he wants to be a head coach, but wants to stay on his path in college.

1 hour ago, Builder1214 said:

This tweet also included an interview in which Cohen asked Hartline if he would be interested in the Moeller job, hence the question mark. Hartline's answer was he wants to be a head coach, but wants to stay on his path in college.

Good catch. I did not listen to the video. 

Personally I think he is a really good coach and will succeed.  I could tell a big difference in Lexington Catholic.   This would be devastating to the Knights program 3-4 months out from the start of the season.    

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Personally I think he is a really good coach and will succeed.  I could tell a big difference in Lexington Catholic.   This would be devastating to the Knights program 3-4 months out from the start of the season.    

I think so too and nothing against Coach Sphire but I was hoping he would be hired at Highlands when it was open.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, theguru said:

I think so too and nothing against Coach Sphire but I was hoping he would be hired at Highlands when it was open.

Someone better check on @Jack of all Trades because I will say this.  If this comes true and Bert heads to Moeller AND he becomes successful, there is very little hope in my mind that he comes back to Highlands.

It will be deja vu like Chris Wolfe at Male.....

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Someone better check on @Jack of all Trades because I will say this.  If this comes true and Bert heads to Moeller AND he becomes successful, there is very little hope in my mind that he comes back to Highlands.

It will be deja vu like Chris Wolfe at Male.....

Oh I am fine.  Just shows the true ineptitude of those that were part of the hiring process.  How you cannot view a coordinator at the collegiate level being as good or better than a high school coach still befuddles me.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

Oh I am fine.  Just shows the true ineptitude of those that were part of the hiring process.  How you cannot view a coordinator at the collegiate level being as good or better than a high school coach still befuddles me.

110% with you!  Was a big fan of Bert when he was mentioned as a possible candidate for the job.  I have a feeling in 5-10 years from now if not sooner we will look back and realize this might have been the biggest miss in Coaching selection.

But hey, Saban wrote a letter patting Highlands on the back for the hire of Sphire so what do we know...

It's all good, GO BIRDS!