Russell - 2019 Schedule

GOREDDEVILS

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DevilMayCare What is your take on the scoreboard is that a video board or speaker system?

Probably too small to be a video board. When I was there a couple of weeks ago, it was all still being assembled. There were new panels laying around listing football accomplishments over the years (district, regional, and state championships). It could be an empty space for that. Could also be an empty space for additional advertising.

New Scoreboard at Russell.[ATTACH]68743[/ATTACH]

Thanks to Russell Supt. Sean Horne for the photo.

Good looking scoreboard! I know a guy that can trim those shrubs if Mr. Horne would like them done before the home opener.

The more I look at this schedule, the more it's growing on me. I would have liked to have seen another difficult opponent or two, but overall it's not bad.

There are too many swing games to really predict a record. I feel like Raceland, Ironton, MoCo, Greenup, and possibly Lawrence could go either way. If you're Russell, you've got to expect to beat Mason, Fleming, East, and West. And as far as I'm concerned, Ashland is a clear favorite over Russell right now. That perception could change at some point, but after dropping 10 of the last 11 to Ashland, including last year's embarrassing showing, you have to give the edge to the Tomcats.

If I were to single out one game as an opportunity to ignite this program, it would be the Rail Cities Bowl. I like that it's been moved to the front end of the schedule. A win over Raceland early might set in motion a resurgent year for the Red Devils.

I'd like to have gotten rid of West and Fleming or not have added Mason and added a tougher opponent or 2 as well. The Montgomery County game could be a decent add. I'd like to have seen Russell Wheelersburg and Portsmouth West. If Greenup can Schedule Wheelersburg then Russell could of scheduled them. It's not like Greenup is much better than Russell even though they've won the last 2 years.