Russell - 2019 Schedule

GOREDDEVILS

I like the Ashland,Lawrence County,Raceland, and Ironton Games. The Montgomery County game is kind of intriguing as well.

I've seen some preseason polls that rank Ironton in the top 5 in their division. Expectations are high across the river right now. Reid Carrico might be the best player Russell sees all year.

Montgomery is going to be a handful. And I'd like to think that we'll be a handful for them. They should have an advantage in numbers, with a probable roster of 90+. Maybe even 100. Not sure if they'll play anyone both ways. They've been pretty good the past couple of years. It'll be a challenge, I'm sure.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how many Frosh Montgomery has? The rest of their roster 10-12 is 67. They don't list the Frosh on the khsaa site.

Not all rosters have been fully updated yet. Most teams have just carried over their rosters from last year, minus last year's seniors and without this year's freshmen. Everyone should have complete, finalized rosters up sometime in the next week.

Their coach said during spring practice that he expected 90+ this season. They've had a huge roster each of the last few years.