George Rogers Clark 65 Bourbon County 64

A ugly win but we will take it. BC hit a 3 at the buzzer for the final score. BC out scored the Cards 21 points from the 3's. GRC's saving grace is that we were 100% from the free throw line. 16 of 16. Wellman led the Cards with 24 points. Canada was the only other player in double figures.

Not sure of the district standing, hopefully someone can post that for us.

Maybe I am wrong, but it looks to me like loser of Bourbon/Paris will be 4 seed. So, mcpapa's matchup might just happen. But, GRC vs. Paris more likely.

Oh, I think thats how it will play out too. But it would be must-see high school hoops.

Playing the "If" game in the Boys' 40th District

George Rogers Clark has locked up the top seed after going undefeated against all three district opponents.

To date, GRC is 6-0 in district play, while Montgomery County stands at 2-3, Paris 1-3 and Bourbon County 1-4.

The team that controls their own destiny is Coach Terence Brooks’ Paris Greyhounds, because they have the opportunity to play host to Coach Matt Daniel’s Montgomery County Indians (tomorrow night) and Coach Lamont Campbell’s Bourbon County Colonels (Saturday night).

Bottom line is this, if the Greyhounds beat Montgomery and Bourbon, they would be the two seed, while the Indians would be third and the Colonels fourth.

If Paris lose both games, Paris would drop to fourth and Bourbon would be third and Montgomery second.

If the Hounds lose to Montgomery but beat Bourbon, the Greyhounds will be third and the Colonels fourth.

A Paris win over Montgomery and a loss to Bourbon, brings it to a three-way tie between the schools and a coin toss (I think), at next week’s district meeting, will determine the final three seeds.

:popcorn: