2nd Round attendence Pay-off ??

oneijoe

Bell vs Rock is one of the best rivalries in the state. Why not do all you can to make sure they play in the playoffs? The winner has it all on the line vs the other district the next week. I stand firm that this is one of the best high school football weekends in state history. Rock-Bell/Cov Cath-Highlands/ St X-Male/Beechwood-NCC and so on. I mean we have Boyle, Highlands, Danville, NCC, St X, Bell and Hopkinsville as "underdogs" this week...

Dont all these matchups you mentioned usually end up happening anyways?

Only when the other district is sub-par...

Ok so if the other district is not sub-par and is pretty good. Then the matches in the second round still would be really good and draw great crowds if it was using the old system. Also then it still leads to the possibility of seeing these matchups the next week, which probaby would even draw a bigger crowd than now since it would be for the regional championship. And well if one of those teams end up losing before they get to the third round for the rematch, then well that team that beat them must be pretty good and it still would draw a great crowd...

In the end of all this I really dont know in the new or old system that we would get more fan attendance to the games, because I think it all evens out at the end. So I guess I just really dont like changing to the new system because I dont think it improves anything, and that the old system was working just fine, so why change it...

We have district arch-rivals playing all over the state this Friday...

IMO, here (the 2nd week) is where I think the new playoff format will draw better attendence.

In previous years, the second round still had a lot of lesser interest mismatch games. THIS year, there's a lot of 2nd seeds getting "another shot" at the team that beat them out in the regular season.

What do you think ?

NO question the new format helps NKY gates by thousands of dollars this weekend.

Under the old system, CovCAth and Beechwood are the only hosts this week, and neither game would garner much interest. In the new system, NKY has three games that will all draw huge crowds.

I can't stand the move to six classes, but I really like the move to play within the district in the first two rounds. BTW did I say I hate the move to six classes? :D

I got word tonight from a CCH grandparent that thye were going to limit ticket sales to 4000. What's up with that? I hope this is not true. I know CCH's coach wants 15,000 there according to his TV interview. I hope it's 15,000 rather than 4000. I know they already have ordered 20 extra police officers for the crowd control!:rolleyes:

I think Rodenberg forgot himself a bit with the 15,000 statement. There isn't a way in the world Houdini himself could find a way to squeeze close to 15,000 into CCH's stadium. Place can't hold 8,000 or even 6,000. Probably wise to cut sales off at 4,000, though it may hold more than that 5,000 would be pushing it.

As for the extra security, why not hire it? It hurts both teams cut of the game, but better safe than being on the news for the wrong reasons, right?

Bell vs Rock is one of the best rivalries in the state. Why not do all you can to make sure they play in the playoffs? The winner has it all on the line vs the other district the next week. I stand firm that this is one of the best high school football weekends in state history. Rock-Bell/Cov Cath-Highlands/ St X-Male/Beechwood-NCC and so on. I mean we have Boyle, Highlands, Danville, NCC, St X, Bell and Hopkinsville as "underdogs" this week...

Couldn't agree more with your thoughts on the big weekend ahead, but I'd use the "underdog" label very carefully around some of these matchups. :thumb:

I agree; I love the new format for it's almost "guaranteed" rematches! :thumb:

I see your point GT, basically for me I do not like change and was really starting to enjoy the friendly rivalry district 7 had with district 8 because this year we missed all the talk about which district could sweep the other. Seeing new faces at the end of the year always excited me. A Rock-Bell Region Final was always the pinnacle for me and others. I do agree though this week that there are some fantastic games, however, a person can only be at one place at once.

I also enjoyed the Ashland, Mason, and Lawrence Co games but you have to admit the thought of playing Bell and JC in rounds 2 & 3 are going to be massive draws compared to last season's format. Now I understand that not every region is going to 2 great matchups like this every year but for region 3 & 4 this year it is going to be huge, huge draws at the gate.

I think Rodenberg forgot himself a bit with the 15,000 statement. There isn't a way in the world Houdini himself could find a way to squeeze close to 15,000 into CCH's stadium. Place can't hold 8,000 or even 6,000. Probably wise to cut sales off at 4,000, though it may hold more than that 5,000 would be pushing it.

As for the extra security, why not hire it? It hurts both teams cut of the game, but better safe than being on the news for the wrong reasons, right?

There had to be 10,000 there in 1992.

Old system: 3A division

Franklin County @ Cov Cath

Highlands @ Lex Cath

New system:

Franklin County @ Lex Cath

Highlands @ Cov Cath

I think both gates will be much bigger with the new system. Highlands gets a second shot at Cov Cath after a last second win and Franklin County gets a second shot at Lex Cath after losing by 3 in regular season (giving up 2 special teams touchdowns).:ylsuper: rock on with the new system.

It pays off in this round, but will it pay off in the next round???

At that point it won't matter. The teams that win the Region would, in all likelihood, have done so in the old system.

So...same matchups, same gate...

At that point it won't matter. The teams that win the Region would, in all likelihood, have done so in the old system.

So...same matchups, same gate...

Most likely not in the old system in week 3 we probably would be getting games still like Beechwood vs. NCC and Cov Cath. vs Highlands and I pretty much guarntee that now the gates for week 3 of the playoffs now wont be as high as the matchups in week 2. Also some of these home teams atleast in NKY might be losing another game they could have at home. CovCath in the old system would be at home this week, just like Beechwood. But now with the new system from what I understand this now could end up being their last home game of the year because they would rotate the matchups so next week these 1 teams could be on the road. But in the old system CovCath and Beechwood would be definitely having home games this week, and then next week also. So I might not be the smartest guy in doing math, but Im pretty sure the more home games you have the more money you are going to make. Especially since CovCath and Beechwood still probably would end up playing Highlands and NCC in the third round. So they would still be getting the rematches and the huge crowd, but also another home game, and that means that would be more money...