2nd Round attendence Pay-off ??

oneijoe

We have district arch-rivals playing all over the state this Friday...

IMO, here (the 2nd week) is where I think the new playoff format will draw better attendence.

In previous years, the second round still had a lot of lesser interest mismatch games. THIS year, there's a lot of 2nd seeds getting "another shot" at the team that beat them out in the regular season.

What do you think ?

Depending on how much studying I get done, I may actually attend my first Louisville high school football game @ Male this Friday night.

To answer the actual question presented by this thread, I think the overall state attendance will be roughly the same as it would have been under the old system.

We have district arch-rivals playing all over the state this Friday...

IMO, here (the 2nd week) is where I think the new playoff format will draw better attendence.

In previous years, the second round still had a lot of lesser interest mismatch games. THIS year, there's a lot of 2nd seeds getting "another shot" at the team that beat them out in the regular season.

What do you think ?

This is the key. The second-shot games under the old system would not have happened until the third round of the playoffs. And, in many cases, would never have materialized.

There will be some massive gates this weekend as most of the district foes are not that far apart in terms of miles.

I got word tonight from a CCH grandparent that thye were going to limit ticket sales to 4000. What's up with that? I hope this is not true. I know CCH's coach wants 15,000 there according to his TV interview. I hope it's 15,000 rather than 4000. I know they already have ordered 20 extra police officers for the crowd control!:rolleyes:

I feel like the old system would have pulled its fair share for over 90% of the cases as being just as good as this week, because in week 3 these matchups could've occurred anyway. Rivalry's were being built until this mess came along. I loved the Ashland game between Rock and them every year and the Mason County game was getting good as well. Huge crowds for these games. Say Rock and Bell met in the 3rd round again this year, more people would be there because more people's teams have been eliminated from the playoffs so they come to see us play. It works both ways.

It is so classic of you gametime to pull 4 words out of a huge paragraph and expect me to explain myself. I just can't do it.

You post an "if's and but's" rivalry grid, and want me to break it down? Just for fun, how many Rock vs Bell Regional Finals were there with them in the same district???

You post an "if's and but's" rivalry grid, and want me to break it down? Just for fun, how many Rock vs Bell Regional Finals were there with them in the same district???

Out of 7 years there have been 3 years and 2 other years would've been but combined losses of 6 points and 2 overtimes kept it from being 5 out of 7. But in our parts we enjoyed just as much traveling to Ashland or hosting Lawrence County or better yet bussing all the way to Martin County. At that point and stage in the playoffs everyone travels no matter the distance because the stakes are high.

Out of 7 years there have been 3 years and 2 other years would've been but combined losses of 6 points and 2 overtimes kept it from being 5 out of 7. But in our parts we enjoyed just as much traveling to Ashland or hosting Lawrence County or better yet bussing all the way to Martin County. At that point and stage in the playoffs everyone travels no matter the distance because the stakes are high.

Bell vs Rock is one of the best rivalries in the state. Why not do all you can to make sure they play in the playoffs? The winner has it all on the line vs the other district the next week. I stand firm that this is one of the best high school football weekends in state history. Rock-Bell/Cov Cath-Highlands/ St X-Male/Beechwood-NCC and so on. I mean we have Boyle, Highlands, Danville, NCC, St X, Bell and Hopkinsville as "underdogs" this week...

I see your point GT, basically for me I do not like change and was really starting to enjoy the friendly rivalry district 7 had with district 8 because this year we missed all the talk about which district could sweep the other. Seeing new faces at the end of the year always excited me. A Rock-Bell Region Final was always the pinnacle for me and others. I do agree though this week that there are some fantastic games, however, a person can only be at one place at once.