Red Sox 5 Dodgers 1 (World Series Game 5)

David Price exorcised the last of his post season demons. Steve Pearce (2), Mookie Betts and J.D. Martinez hit homers and Chris Sale closed it out by fanning Machado.

Alex Cora was stellar again tonight as he has been all season.

This was just a special team. They dispatched a pair of 100 win teams in the playoffs, went 11-3 overall and 7-1 on the road.

Just a great ballclub.

This never gets old.

I grew up with a 15-foot white satellite in my backyard for television. One of the channels we received...NESN (New England Sports Network).

I spent a lot of time back in the day watching the Red Sox and even Pawtucket. I can still remember watching a young Roger Clemens striking people out with a split finger fastball and Wade Boggs slapping automatic doubles off the Green Monster.

That being said, I grew up a Red Sox fan. I don't really watch baseball anymore but very happy with another World Series win.

Congrats to all of our BGP / Red Sox fans. Boston was the best team in baseball from day one till' now, WS. This seasons Red Sox was one of the best teams ever in MLB, imo. '75/76 Reds (same yr./ '75 Red Sox for that matter). '97 Yankees, '27 (I believe) Yankees (Ruth, Gehrig, etc.) along with others I can't think of now.

Go crazy @AverageJoesGym :thumb: along w / other BoSox fans … go crazy.

I don’t follow baseball much anymore. The strike that wiped out the 1994 World Series soured me on the game with the exception of watching some of the post season. However, this Red Sox team is the best I’ve seen since the 1976 Reds WS champs, which is one of the greatest of all time.

Congrats to all of our BGP / Red Sox fans. Boston was the best team in baseball from day one till' now, WS. This seasons Red Sox was one of the best teams ever in MLB, imo. '75/76 Reds (same yr./ '75 Red Sox for that matter). '97 Yankees, '27 (I believe) Yankees (Ruth, Gehrig, etc.) along with others I can't think of now.

Go crazy @AverageJoesGym :thumb: along w / other BoSox fans … go crazy.

Thanks Rambler. This was a special bunch.

Their 119 total wins ranks 2nd all- time for a championship team behind only the 1998 Yankees.

With all the comparisons to great teams it is ironic that the Big Red Machine isn’t brought up.

So how do they compare? A lot of talk about games won but the 75 Reds won 108. The 76 team went 7-0 in the playoffs and won 102 as well.

With all the comparisons to great teams it is ironic that the Big Red Machine isn’t brought up.

So how do they compare? A lot of talk about games won but the 75 Reds won 108. The 76 team went 7-0 in the playoffs and won 102 as well.

I think there are 2 big differences. First, the Reds went back to back. Second, the Reds had several HOFers in those teams. At this point in their careers I don't think the Red Sox have any locks. They have several that might have a shot but no locks. Now do I think this team could play with the Big Red Machine? Absolutely. I think this Red Sox offense would do plenty of damage against the Reds pitching staff. Teams didn't have 6-7 guys throwing 95 mph plus back then. Of course the Reds would try to put the back in play much more than current teams so it would pt pressure on the Sox defense. It would be an interesting matchup for sure.

The 1975 Reds had power and speed. They were 3rd in the NL in HR's, just 1 HR behind #2. The led the NL in SB by a wide margin. They scored over 100 more runs than the second best team in the NL. That margin of difference is huge. They had a team OBP of .353. The 1975 Reds offense was incredible.

The 1975 Reds pitching was very underrated. They had the 3rd best pitching staff in the NL that season.