Most Overrated Restaurants

Collar7

Put me in the camp that thinks Chic fil a is overrated. It's not because I don't like it, it's honestly one of the few fast food places I'll eat at. I just don't understand all of the hype about it, people rave about it like it's better than they could make at home and to be honest I could do much better at home.

For what it's worth though, outside of higher end restaurants I typically don't leave any restaurant impressed, because my wife or I could likely make the same thing (if not better) at home for 1/3 of the cost. So I'm probably not a good person to ask about overrated restaurants. That doesn't mean I won't eat at Texas Roadhouse, Cheddars, etc, but I also don't rave about how good the food is when I eat there. You can buy a 2" thick strip or ribeye for $10-12, cook it yourself low and slow and then put a reverse sear on it and it'll ruin you as far as buying steak at any steakhouse that isn't using prime or wagyu cuts of meat.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Montomgery inn, without question.

Walts can go on the list too. Food wasnt good years ago.

I went to Walt’s a few times prior to its closing, and was unimpressed. I’ve only been once since it reopened, and it was good. But for whatever reason, even though I live a few minutes away, we just never go there, or even consider going there.

Because so many people hype them like they're the best thing going when they're just okay to many of us. Chick-fil-A is alright, but I've had spicy chicken sandwiches from places like Wendy's that are pretty much as good. Chick-fil-A's biggest problem is their lack of good sides.

Chipotle is alright, but Moe's and Hot Heads are every bit as good if not better. Plus, you don't constantly hear of them giving their customers E. coli or other forms of food poisoning. A $7 value ain't worth the risk of hemolytic uremic syndrome which is what you get if you have a serious enough E. coli infection.

I like Moe's about as well as Chipotle however I don't really compare them to each because I get different things at both. As far as sides at Chick fil a, I guess I'm not sure what you mean by lack of sides. They're a fast food place, they pretty much have the basics for fast food.

They have waffle fries, thats about it. They're limited as it is with only chicken. Again, I don't hate the place, but people certainly over hype Chick-fil-A.

If you're still watching that girly figure, the fruit cup is usually outstanding if you like fruit. I love their chicken noodle soup too. And the grilled chicken nuggets are great.

And try the diet lemonade. Tastes just like freshly squeezed lemonade.

If you're still watching that girly figure, the fruit cup is usually outstanding if you like fruit. I love their chicken noodle soup too. And the grilled chicken nuggets are great.

And try the diet lemonade. Tastes just like freshly squeezed lemonade.

:lol2:

I doubt I'll ever get a frut cup at any restuarunt. I like chicken noodle soup, I'm sure theirs is good. Agsin, they're a bit limited, but I eat there on occasion. I just think they're over hyped.

Chick-Fil-A has the following items listed as sides:

Waffle Fries

Side Salad

Chicken Noodle Soup

Superfood Side

Greek Yogurt Parfait

Fruit Cup

Applesauce

Potato Chips

Seems like this is quite a bit more option than most fast food restaurants. Wendy's is about the only place that I can think of that would have this many or more. I just don't see how that is limited options.

Quiz:

What restaurant serves these 9 items as sides?

Corn on the Cob

Green Beans

Mashed Potatoes

Potato Wedges

Potato Salad

Macaroni & Cheese

Cole Slaw

Baked Beans

Macaroni Salad

...And these additional sides depending on location:

Broccoli Pasta Salad

Buttered Corn

Country Cabbage

Fried Okra

Red Beans & Rice

Jalapeno Poppers

Chicken & Noodles

Hot Apples

Applesauce

Personally I've never been to this restaurant where they have served the sides from the additional list.

I went to Walt’s a few times prior to its closing, and was unimpressed. I’ve only been once since it reopened, and it was good. But for whatever reason, even though I live a few minutes away, we just never go there, or even consider going there.

I would recommend giving it another try. I agree that the old Walt’s got gross and awful. The newer Walt’s is great IMO. I am not much for any ribs, but their steaks are pretty close to Ruby quality, cost less, and include sides.

I would recommend giving it another try. I agree that the old Walt’s got gross and awful. The newer Walt’s is great IMO. I am not much for any ribs, but their steaks are pretty close to Ruby quality, cost less, and include sides.

I agree. The steak I had was very good. Again, I enjoyed my one meal there, but for whatever reason, it just doesn’t pop into my mind when we are thinking about going out to eat. I’m thinking I’ll head back there soon.

Quiz:

What restaurant serves these 9 items as sides?

Corn on the Cob

Green Beans

Mashed Potatoes

Potato Wedges

Potato Salad

Macaroni & Cheese

Cole Slaw

Baked Beans

Macaroni Salad

...And these additional sides depending on location:

Broccoli Pasta Salad

Buttered Corn

Country Cabbage

Fried Okra

Red Beans & Rice

Jalapeno Poppers

Chicken & Noodles

Hot Apples

Applesauce

Personally I've never been to this restaurant where they have served the sides from the additional list.

Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken