Waffle Fries

Side Salad

Chicken Noodle Soup

Superfood Side

Greek Yogurt Parfait

Fruit Cup

Applesauce

Potato Chips

Seems like this is quite a bit more option than most fast food restaurants. Wendy's is about the only place that I can think of that would have this many or more. I just don't see how that is limited options.

Check out other chicken fast food restaurants. The ones I go to have more and better options. Not healthy, I'll grant you, but more for sure.

What the heck is Superfood Side?

Bingo :thumb:

Not a bad place to eat on the cheap that offers a variety of stuff that most similar styled restaurants don't.

Their sides sure beat:

Waffle Fries

Side Salad

Chicken Noodle Soup

Superfood Side

Greek Yogurt Parfait

Fruit Cup

Applesauce

Potato Chips

Hobnob Corner Restaurant in Nashville, Indiana. Was there this past weekend for lunch. Went there because it was the #3 rated restaurant in town. My wife got the special, which she said was fine. According to the menu, my sausage sandwich was to come "garnished with green pepper, onion and tomato." Never in my wildest dreams did I expect the vegetables to come out raw. I'm 50 years old, and have never had a sausage sandwich where the onions and peppers weren't cooked. It certainly wasn't what I was expecting, but at least it was edible.

My son's open face steak sandwich, however, was not. Instead of thinly sliced, or heck, even thickly sliced pieces of meat...it was one long, thick chunk of meat (Think about 2" tall and 2" thick) covered in grilled onions. It has fat on three sides of it (top, bottom and back). He tried cutting off a piece, but was like chewing on rubber. When our waitress came over and saw that he wasn't eating it, she asked about it. We told her. She appologized and took it away. When she came back, she said they had looked at it in the kitchen and saw the fat and that they'd take it off our bill. I told my wife afterwards what bothered me the most is that if they could see it at the end...they had to see it before it went on the grill. And even if you dismiss that (thinking that the fat would cook off), you'd have to see it when you were ready to take it off the grill. No way that should have ever been sent to the table.

Needless to say, we will never go back there, despite what other reviewers say.

Hobnob Corner Restaurant in Nashville, Indiana. Was there this past weekend for lunch. Went there because it was the #3 rated restaurant in town.

All due respect to what I'm sure are the fine people of that town, but the third best restaurant in Nashville, Indiana? Isn't that the food equivalent of trying to find the cleanest bathroom at Wrigley Field?

All due respect to what I'm sure are the fine people of that town, but the third best restaurant in Nashville, Indiana? Isn't that the food equivalent of trying to find the cleanest bathroom at Wrigley Field?

Haha! Point taken. However, due to the tourism factor, there is a disproportionate number of eateries given a town of that size. Figured we were safe in going to a place that had received pretty high marks from six or seven hundred reviews.

Haha! Point taken. However, due to the tourism factor, there is a disproportionate number of eateries given a town of that size. Figured we were safe in going to a place that had received pretty high marks from six or seven hundred reviews.

Interesting. Is there something in Nashville I don't know about? What makes it a tourist spot?

Interesting. Is there something in Nashville I don't know about? What makes it a tourist spot?

We've been there a couple of times. Brown County State Park is very nice. A playhouse, an art gallery, winery and distillery, antiques, boutiques. Kind of a small artsy community with outdoor recreational opportunities on the side.

Sounds like they need a participation trophy.

Here's the problem. A 3 piece meal with 2 sides can be 2000 calories. :eek:

Can be, but if you go with the roasted chicken option with say green beans, and maybe a cole slaw, or a mashed potato... something like that... then it's really not terribly unhealthy.