The Toys That Made Us - Netflix

This is a documentary series on Netflix that goes into detail about the ins and out of our favorite toys of yesteryear. I highly recommend watching the Star Wars episode because it goes into detail how Cincinnati-based Kenner toys landed the contract to produce Star Wars figurines and what it meant to the company.

It's amazing how badly Star Trek toys were handled over the years...some of that stuff was just plain stupid. At one point the rights to Star Trek toys was sold for $5,000, that's amazing.

I loved seeing the rise and fall the rise again of Lego, the Lego episode is one of the better ones.

It's amazing how badly Star Trek toys were handled over the years...some of that stuff was just plain stupid. At one point the rights to Star Trek toys was sold for $5,000, that's amazing.

I loved seeing the rise and fall the rise again of Lego, the Lego episode is one of the better ones.

You do mean Star Wars, right? The folks at Star Trek missed out on their marketing oppos.

This is a documentary series on Netflix that goes into detail about the ins and out of our favorite toys of yesteryear. I highly recommend watching the Star Wars episode because it goes into detail how Cincinnati-based Kenner toys landed the contract to produce Star Wars figurines and what it meant to the company.

Is this why I was always told that Johnny's Toys was the place you could buy replacement accessories for the figurines that invariably got lost or eaten by my dog? Unfortunately I never got to find out because mom was scared to drive any further north than Florence.

You do mean Star Wars, right? The folks at Star Trek missed out on their marketing oppos.

No I meant Star Trek, the Star Trek episode shows clearly how ham-handedly their toy line was handled over the years. Even when they had some chances to capitalize they either had poor timing or crappy toys.