Shoshei Ohtani

:thumb: I thought so. What a terrible decision.

Not really. The timeline for recovery isn’t much different now from when the problem first started. He still would have missed next year had he done the surgery earlier. There was really very little risk in seeing if rest would lead to recovery.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. The timeline for recovery isn’t much different now from when the problem first started. He still would have missed next year had he done the surgery earlier. There was really very little risk in seeing if rest would lead to recovery.

He might not have needed the surgery if they were just cautious and let him take some extra time in a lost season anyway.

He might not have needed the surgery if they were just cautious and let him take some extra time in a lost season anyway.

Maybe. But maybe not. I’m not sure the 6 or 8 months rest would have completely healed the elbow either. Better to get a definitive answer now than to wait till next season and get the same exact answer and not get him back on the mound until 2021 instead of 2020. And doing the surgery now, probably insures that he can at least come back and hit for them next year. Having the elbow blow next season, puts him out both on the mound and at the plate. The only sure way to get hm back perfectly healthy, the quickest way is to do the surgery now. I think The surgery was going to happen at some point regardless of how much rest he got