Public School Closures - Teacher Protest

afi100guy

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s what many college graduates are going to do in the future. There’s going to be a severe shortage of teachers in a few years.

Have a young buddy who graduated last year and got his first teaching gig. He told me he is probably leaving the job. He knew of the pending cuts and decided it wasn’t worth dealing with kids and their parents.

Have a young buddy who graduated last year and got his first teaching gig. He told me he is probably leaving the job. He knew of the pending cuts and decided it wasn’t worth dealing with kids and their parents.

I think this is the most grossly overlooked value of our teachers. In reality, their jobs are far more complicated than many want to present. And the value of their soft-skills is immeasurable. In my opinion, Anyone who chooses to seek another career path will do so with a ton of academic credentials, but those soft skills are going to come into play and make them extremely attractive candidates for jobs that deal with people.

if I was a company, I’d target recruiting messages to appeal to these potential candidates

I bet he's eating lunch alone today. :lol2:

Actually he was one of 3 that voted for the bill, that work for a school district now that I review the votes.

The one in particular I am speaking of doesn't care, he isn't running for reelection. Ironically enough he is the Finance Director in his school district.

Actually he was one of 3 that voted for the bill, that work for a school district now that I review the votes.

The one in particular I am speaking of doesn't care, he isn't running for reelection. Ironically enough he is the Finance Director in his school district.

That is interesting considering schools may need to cut positions like finance director because of the new costs to local districts.

That is interesting considering schools may need to cut positions like finance director because of the new costs to local districts.

He was given the Finance Director job when he announced he wasnt running for reelection. He is also a realtor, but not a very good one from what I hear.