Xavier 88 St. John's 60

Believe 9 of 10 are Catholic schools (Butler). Don't know what that means other than a lot of priests on the bench. Maybe whichever school can pray the hardest. It's a really good league but IMO does not quite have the pizzazz it had years ago. I've really enjoyed watching the league games this year.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So lazy. Go check out Rob Dauster's twitter about the difference in atmosphere today at MSG versus what he saw at the ACC Tournament across town.

3rd best league in the country behind Big 12 and ACC.

You think this version of the Big East is missing UConn, South Florida, and Pitt? Nope. UL, UC, Notre Dame, for sure, great programs, but so are Xavier, Butler, and Creighton.

The league is really solid, it has an outside shot at having two of the four #1 seeds, but by all means, use today to point out that league just isn't the same.

Silliness.

I do believe the Big East misses UConn and Syracuse. Obviously Xavier, Butler, and Creighton more than hold up their end, but it lacks the regional appeal it once had IMO.

So lazy. Go check out Rob Dauster's twitter about the difference in atmosphere today at MSG versus what he saw at the ACC Tournament across town.

3rd best league in the country behind Big 12 and ACC.

You think this version of the Big East is missing UConn, South Florida, and Pitt? Nope. UL, UC, Notre Dame, for sure, great programs, but so are Xavier, Butler, and Creighton.

The league is really solid, it has an outside shot at having two of the four #1 seeds, but by all means, use today to point out that league just isn't the same.

Silliness.

It’s still a good league, for sure. It’s not what it once was, that’s not even really worth debating. I wasn’t just talking about today, just making a general statement.

My only take on the scuffle is if you want to be the team that dunks up 26 with :03 left, don't act surprised or shocked that the opponent wants to fight. Own that persona if you want to have it. Can't go half way...

IMO, If your initial reaction to not being able to stop a team from scoring is to try and fight them, that says a lot more about you (and not in a good way) then it does the team scoring.

The point is, go ahead and do it, that's fine. Just be ready for this type of stuff afterwards. It does say a lot about the instigators, however, they responded (inappropriately) and it really did not have to be that way. What if a couple of X players do more than the little that happened, easily could have been more, then some X players might be sitting today. Again unnecessary, but don't be shocked with the response of a team that realized they probably won't be in the big dance.

If I'm Mack, I am pretty upset with the dunk, he clearly told them to hold it, you could hear it, the announcer even repeated it and the players did not adhere to his directions.

The point is, go ahead and do it, that's fine. Just be ready for this type of stuff afterwards. It does say a lot about the instigators, however, they responded (inappropriately) and it really did not have to be that way. What if a couple of X players do more than the little that happened, easily could have been more, then some X players might be sitting today. Again unnecessary, but don't be shocked with the response of a team that realized they probably won't be in the big dance.

If I'm Mack, I am pretty upset with the dunk, he clearly told them to hold it, you could hear it, the announcer even repeated it and the players did not adhere to his directions.

Again, if that's their reaction, that's a them problem.

My assumption is he went ahead and dunked it because the shot clock was about to expire and just didn't think of the optics.

This whole mentality in sports that "you disrespected us, now it's time to throw down" is so ridiculous and dumb. No different than the clown show pitcher in baseball that doesn't like the bat flip from a guy who just hit one to the moon so he drills him his next AB.

My assumption is he went ahead and dunked it because the shot clock was about to expire and just didn't think of the optics.

This whole mentality in sports that "you disrespected us, now it's time to throw down" is so ridiculous and dumb. No different than the clown show pitcher in baseball that doesn't like the bat flip from a guy who just hit one to the moon so he drills him his next AB.

I am not disagreeing that it is on St John and at that level I could care less that he threw it down. Why put your team in that situation when the coach clearly told you not to? You have to expect that might happen afterwards.

No different than real life. You want to run your.mouth all the time, that's fine. Just don't be shocked when someone takes it to the next level as a result. Talk the talk and walk the walk. Not half why, then throw your hands up when called to the carpet...

No different than real life. You want to run your.mouth all the time, that's fine. Just don't be shocked when someone takes it to the next level as a result. Talk the talk and walk the walk. Not half why, then throw your hands up when called to the carpet...

And that's the deeper problem with society. People think the solution to everything is to throw down. It's sad that so many (in general) think violence is always the answer to issues or conflict. It's why our world is so damn screwed up IMO.

And that's the deeper problem with society. People think the solution to everything is to throw down. It's sad that so many (in general) think violence is always the answer to issues or conflict. It's why our world is so damn screwed up IMO.

Not what I said at all. Point being, Mack pointed fingers instead of owning it and saying "you don't want us to dunk on you with :03 left, stop us." Not "They wouldn't shake our hands, those meanies."

Not what I said at all. Point being, Mack pointed fingers instead of owning it and saying "you don't want us to dunk on you with :03 left, stop us." Not "They wouldn't shake our hands, those meanies."

He wasn't lying. He was asked about it, said there were a couple guys that didn't wanna shake hands and that he wasn't getting into it. Not sure what's wrong with that?

He wasn't lying. He was asked about it, said there were a couple guys that didn't wanna shake hands and that he wasn't getting into it. Not sure what's wrong with that?

The issue is he wanted to be a tough guy on the court and then soften up in the press conference.