Xavier 88 St. John's 60

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He wasn't lying. He was asked about it, said there were a couple guys that didn't wanna shake hands and that he wasn't getting into it. Not sure what's wrong with that?

Ahmed was shaking hands until Jones said something and then Gates joined in. Either you want your team to have that edge (Mack does) or you don't. Own it. Don't pretend to ride the fence when the mic is on...

Mack was a tough guy on the court? What did I miss?

As others have said, he specifically told O'Mara to hold the ball and not take a shot.

Not Mack specifically.

Look I don’t really care that they threw the lob, but at least acknowledge why they didn’t shake hands after the game. That should have been pretty clear.

Ahmed was shaking hands until Jones said something and then Gates joined in. Either you want your team to have that edge (Mack does) or you don't. Own it. Don't pretend to ride the fence when the mic is on...

I'll take your word for it. The only video I've seen of the incident is Ahmed and Jones chest to chest. Haven't seen anything that shows what preceded it.

Not Mack specifically.

Look I don’t really care that they threw the lob, but at least acknowledge why they didn’t shake hands after the game. That should have been pretty clear.

Fair enough. I thought he handled the question well. Would you have rather he said, "yeah I told our guys to hold it, they didn't listen and dunked. They weren't happy about it and that was the result. Our guys screwed up"?

What good does that do, other than throw your own guys under the bus?

Fair enough. I thought he handled the question well. Would you have rather he said, "yeah I told our guys to hold it, they didn't listen and dunked. They weren't happy about it and that was the result. Our guys screwed up"?

What good does that do, other than throw your own guys under the bus?

Yes. Say exactly that without the “our guys screwed up.”