Duke 82 Louisville 56

tcjkbt

The Cardinals lose for the 5th time in 7 games. In this case, the score does indeed indicate how badly UL got beat. I'm afraid that this might be the new normal for UL for the next couple of years. I feel sorry for this year's seniors for what they've had to go through. I submit that very few of us would be strong enough to resist mailing it in at this point. It appears to me that that is what quite a few of UL's players are doing.

Saying this may be the new norm is a little premature, IMO. Louisville has looked awful in two games this year, UK and Duke. Both of those games they got run out of the gym, and both of those games they played teams that were just significantly better. There are definitely some concerns with this team (defense hasn't been very good at all, offense is hit or miss), but I don't think that necessarily spells doom for years to come. They just aren't very good this year.

Saying this may be the new norm is a little premature, IMO. Louisville has looked awful in two games this year, UK and Duke. Both of those games they got run out of the gym, and both of those games they played teams that were just significantly better. There are definitely some concerns with this team (defense hasn't been very good at all, offense is hit or miss), but I don't think that necessarily spells doom for years to come. They just aren't very good this year.
Agreed. Louisville is the kind of program that won't stay down for long.

I agree with the above. posts. My point was that the resurrection will not occur immediately. You have to get the players and the coach in place----which will be difficult to do given the number of uncertainties in the program at present. Louisville nationally has been a top 10 program and they will be back. I have no doubt about that. The only variable is time.

Louisville needs a win. They are an NIT team as of right now

The thing that really bites is that outside of the UNC/kentucky/Duke games, the others were winnable.

As Jekyl and Hyde as I am about coach Pitino, I think we’d be a top 15 team right now with him on the sideline.

I have high hopes for this team still, as in I think we can make it to the dance and even win a game or two, but I feel really dejected.