Texas A&M 85 Kentucky 74

16thBBall Fan

This game really doesn’t affect me because I had already mentally checked every road game left as a loss. Like I said last week - if UK is to make the tourney, they had better win a game they aren’t expected to. They have to win every home game for starters IMO. Not reaching 20 wins would feel like a death sentence. Winning one of those road games sure would help. I don’t think they’re going to make it.

They’re capable of more, but at some point you have to just call them what they are - mediocre. This is not a tournament team.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There’s no doubt UK played like complete poop in the second half but I can’t help but wonder how the entire game would’ve been different had A&M not banked in those two 3-pointers. Not only was that six points but both shots were well defended and I couldn’t help but just shake my head. UK plays the worst man to man defense that I have ever seen but that was also one of those games where it felt like A&M couldn’t miss. I was having flash backs of the Ohio St game last season when those guys couldn’t miss a shot.

UK showed a little grit towards the end similar to what they did versus WVU. Seems like UK plays better when they press and the game gets sped up.

A&M could be a final four team and that was a hostile environment. Take away the two banked in 3-pointers and make 4-5 more of those free throws and that game was closer to being close than people realize.

I still think they UK can fix this. They are going to need to get into the tournament though to have a chance to prove it. They need to beat one or two teams that they aren’t supposed to or win the conference tourney. If they get in to the tournament I look for them to make a run.

Side note I’d like to see a lineup of Green, Diallo, SGA, Knox and Vanderbilt.

I wonder if Cal still likes his team?

Could we possibly see a NKU vs UK, 1st round NIT game?

SGA and Knox played alright, but just do not have much help offensively. I know I get roasted for it, but what does Greene bring to this team, other than the fact he can make a stationary 3 pointer if no one is guarding him? I am sure I will get the same old excuses used for the last five game, but his stats back me up.

There’s no doubt UK played like complete poop in the second half but I can’t help but wonder how the entire game would’ve been different had A&M not banked in those two 3-pointers. Not only was that six points but both shots were well defended and I couldn’t help but just shake my head. UK plays the worst man to man defense that I have ever seen but that was also one of those games where it felt like A&M couldn’t miss. I was having flash backs of the Ohio St game last season when those guys couldn’t miss a shot.

UK showed a little grit towards the end similar to what they did versus WVU. Seems like UK plays better when they press and the game gets sped up.

A&M could be a final four team and that was a hostile environment. Take away the two banked in 3-pointers and make 4-5 more of those free throws and that game was closer to being close than people realize.

I still think they UK can fix this. They are going to need to get into the tournament though to have a chance to prove it. They need to beat one or two teams that they aren’t supposed to or win the conference tourney. If they get in to the tournament I look for them to make a run.

You haven’t watched North Carolina, have you?

I don't know which aspect of UK's game is more lacking. -- the mental or the physical. For those kids who do come back next year(s), how will all this negative press affect them? I think they can have a very good team in the upcoming years as they mature. I'm getting really close to writing off this year's squad.

It was mentioned in the update thread and I agreed, Cal should make his team watch this game from start to finish and listen to the game commentary. They roasted some of UK’s players in their comments for being lazy, not hustling, etc, etc, etc... Several times they showed replays of a terrible defensive play or a lack of hustle to call a player or players out. They need to hear and see that. And if their main goal is NBA instead of getting it done now for the Wildcats, well....they need to realize that many of the pro scouts watch these games too.

Cats got absolutely nothing from Richards at Center. Nothing! Hard to beat 7 straight 3's with 2 of them banked in, but most of this bunch just doesn't seem to care IMO. Mr. Diallo flat out doesn't deserve to start. His attitude plus his poor performance of late seems to rub the whole team wrong. Really hard to watch. And Cal is burnt out!

How in the world is that guy playing for Texas A&M with a torn ACL? I cringed the few times he went down and then he kept coming back.

I totally agree. For the life of me, I could not figure out why he was in the game when he got hurt the second time. They were up 21. I can maybe understand playing him if he is able to go in a close game, but once they got that type of lead why did Kennedy leave him on the floor?

Imo defense is not that big of a problem as it was to start the year. UK was up to 17th best in the nation in defensive efficiency going into last night's game. It's the offense that is horrible. Turnovers and quick one and done leading to easy transition points. Then when your on the road and you give up a few easy transition points. The crowd gets into it and next thing you know the whole offense for the other team is feeding off the crowd.

Imo the horrible offense is the problem. Defensively I think they will be fine if they can get offensively figured out. Which that lineup you listed is the lineup I want to see more of too.