Texas A&M 85 Kentucky 74

16thBBall Fan

It can be an excuse to you, but its an explanation to me. Excuse means the type of play is okay and excused. An explaination merely defines it and doesn't make it okay.

Don't know why it bothers non-UK fans either way to begin with.

Would you continue playing a broken record in your record player, day after day, knowing it’s broke? Probably not. Its definitely an excuse when they lose. But it wasn’t an excuse in 2012.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason I dislike hearing it is because Cal and UK fans want the best players who then in turn leave early leaving the team young. If Cal and the fans get the players they want, they are going to be young all the time. Can’t have it both ways. If you want the best players (that leave after a year or two), you can’t use the young excuse because young is exactly what you are wanting or asking for in recruiting.

Bingo. Well said!

When does the "youngest team ever" defense quit holding H2O ?

It shouldn't quit holding water because it is a very true and reasonable excuse. For all the people who say it shouldn't be an excuse. As I keep pointing out just look at the greatest coach ever in Coach K and how he is doing with a lot of freshman. Coach K has the most talented team in the country, and the very top freshman and yet he can't get them to play defense. Even though he at least has some upper classman including a starting senior. His freshman led team has lost 5 games, and one of them to a below 500 team.

So maybe UK fans need to realize that them being freshman, and the youngest team in the country at that. Does make it very hard to do well and get them to buy into all the things they need to do. Because even the greatest coach of all time is having a very difficult time getting his freshman to buy in. Which IMO just shows how great of a job Cal has done in the past with his freshman teams.

Would you continue playing a broken record in your record player, day after day, knowing it’s broke? Probably not. Its definitely an excuse when they lose. But it wasn’t an excuse in 2012.

It's a very valid excuse especially during the season. Hence why we have seen teams like the 2011 and 2014 team after looking bad most of the year. Finally all of a sudden get it because they went through and experienced it all and learned from it. It took those teams all year to get it. 2010, 2012, 2015 obviously picked it up sooner. Sometimes it just takes time. Especially now with this being the youngest group he ever had. It literally probably will take all season to fully get it. Just hopefully it happens before the sec tournament.

A&M smokes us Saturday and loses to Missouri tonight. Seems like every time a team beats UK, they lose their next game.

I didn’t watch the A&M at Missouri game but a friend texted me and said there weren’t enough fans in the stands to pay for the building’s electricity for the night. Are the rest of the league so obsessed with Kentucky that they can only fill their seats when the Cats are in town???

Every time Kentucky plays on the road it's a sell out, t-shirt night, white out, free gifts, etc. etc.

Kentucky sees a wild road environment in every road game .

As does every blue blood program in the country. That's life at the top. The list of excuses for this team just not being that good is epic...

The reason this UK team struggles on the road is because the fans are "wild" and dressed in the same color shirts. The struggle is REAL... :lol2: :lol2:

Uh, I never said that's why they struggle. I said that's how it is. And that is how it is.

The reason this UK team struggles on the road is because the fans are "wild" and dressed in the same color shirts. The struggle is REAL... :lol2: :lol2:

Have you ever had to shoot FTs in front of 20,000 students attending their first college basketball game?