Georgia wins the 2018 recruiting title

John Anthony

I don't think they were head and shoulders above, but they were clearly the best.

I agree. But there is a clear distinction between those ideas though. Being the best versus being invincible. For a stretch Bama was invincible but I believe that era has come to an end.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. But there is a clear distinction between those ideas though. Being the best versus being invincible. For a stretch Bama was invincible but I believe that era has come to an end.

I don't think they were ever invincible...but they have been by far the most consistent over this run of theirs.

So you’re takeaway from the Bama team this year is that they are still head and shoulders ahead of everybody else still? I certainly didn’t get that impression and it has nothing to do with Bama but everything to do with teams like Georgia, Clemson, and Ohio State recruiting at the same level as Bama over the past couple of years and having coaches who have won national championships or Kirby Smart.

They haven't been head and shoulders above everyone most years but the just keep winning. That won't change but I don't mean they'll win every year, just that they'll remain top five, maybe top three. GA certainly is primed to be the next dominant team but I don't think it happens until the GOAT retires.

They haven't been head and shoulders above everyone most years but the just keep winning. That won't change but I don't mean they'll win every year, just that they'll remain top five, maybe top three. GA certainly is primed to be the next dominant team but I don't think it happens until the GOAT retires.

Or a new goat is born... or reborn.

Here’s what college recruiting rankings leave out: toughness, desire, ego and most importantly, coaching.

If you had a kid who could play at any D1 school of his choosing, who would you like for them to pick. I’d pick Saban 1st, 2nd and then Meyer 3rd.

These are comforting lies that the rest of the college football world has allowed themselves to live with. The fact of the matter is that Bama along with about 6 or 7 other schools have always got top tier talent. The difference in the equation is Saban and his ability to develop all these good players AND make them play together as a team. This has always been Meyer's problem since he made it to Florida. There was a change in the recruiting process this year. There was an early signing period and a later one that allowed some kids to change their minds at the last minute. Saban and his staff will adjust, they always do. "The sky is falling in Title town and we just won the national championship and pulled in the 6th or 7th top recruiting class.....smh'

Isaac Taylor-Stuart signed and USC finishes 4th with 18 signees.

Really good class. I thing SC is primed for something special shortly. I'm still not completely sold on Helton but his stockpile of talent might just be enough to get them over the top.

Congrats on the recruiting class....I know we SHOULD get his brother but we didn't get anyone in this class. We'll see

We pulled a couple out of rear ends yesterday. Haha Not getting anyone this class is tough, but it's tough to bring in a top level guy when you have a true freshmen and a true sophomore both getting playing time. Bama could have reached for a lower rated guy and turned him into a prospect, but I'm not really sure it was need. I would expect to see them sign 2 guys next class though.

Really good class. I thing SC is primed for something special shortly. I'm still not completely sold on Helton but his stockpile of talent might just be enough to get them over the top.

If USC can recruit at the level Carroll did, which it appears he has done with this class, USC should run the Pac 12 and be a playoff contender for the foreseeable future despite Helton.