Georgia wins the 2018 recruiting title

John Anthony

100%. They lost there really bright offensive coordinator to Miss St., still they ain’t going anywhere.

Texas is my sleeper.

Moorehead aside, as much as I can’t stand the guy, Franklin has shown the ability time and time again to put together a staff that are winners and can recruit at a high level.

Something that dude camping out in treehouses with recruits is having a hard time doing. Shea Patterson better be the savior people in Ann Arbor think he is or it could get ugly real quick.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saban almost never smiles. He just keeps on tinkering and winning national championships.

Easy to make changes and tinker when every player on your 2 deep is more talented than every player on your opposition. That quickly isn’t becoming the case anymore.

Easy to make changes and tinker when every player on your 2 deep is more talented than every player on your opposition. That quickly isn’t becoming the case anymore.

He did it before that was the case and no matter what he'll have the most talent for the next 2-3 years even if he doesn't have the highest ranked class again. After that he'll probably retire.

Very true, I also think Najee will take the RB job and run with it... but to your point they aren’t untouchable anymore.

I agree on Najee as well. I’m not really sure if Damien Harris made the right choice of returning to school.

Nah. Couple more years like this and it will be narrowed quite a bit though. We'll see if this is a trend or not in the next couple years.

So you’re takeaway from the Bama team this year is that they are still head and shoulders ahead of everybody else still? I certainly didn’t get that impression and it has nothing to do with Bama but everything to do with teams like Georgia, Clemson, and Ohio State recruiting at the same level as Bama over the past couple of years and having coaches who have won national championships or Kirby Smart.

The gap between Alabama, Ohio St. and Clemson is almost nonexistent and has been for a few years now. There are a few others that are right there with them and in the right situation could make a run like UGA did this year.

Scouting rankings are stupid in that so many times the rankings coming out of high school doesn't match the colege performance of the player. I think a better way to look at recruiting is how many targets did a team get. If Saban or Meyer target 15 kids that they really want and they get all 15 then a few others they had a great season. I say that because, coaches know better what they want and need than recruiting services and if a kid ranked 53rd fits their system better than the 5th ranked kid and they get the 53rd kid...it was a good get.

So you’re takeaway from the Bama team this year is that they are still head and shoulders ahead of everybody else still? I certainly didn’t get that impression and it has nothing to do with Bama but everything to do with teams like Georgia, Clemson, and Ohio State recruiting at the same level as Bama over the past couple of years and having coaches who have won national championships or Kirby Smart.

I don't think they were head and shoulders above, but they were clearly the best.