Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Playing for 2 teams in same season?

Featured Replies

How is it possible for a player to play for 2 varsity teams in the same season? Does this happen often? Just watching from the stands that seems odd. Player played for one team in December and another in January?

How is it possible for a player to play for 2 varsity teams in the same season? Does this happen often? Just watching from the stands that seems odd. Player played for one team in December and another in January?

 

I've seen it happen in other sports. Any of the standard reasons could allow the KHSAA to grant a waiver....parents moving, change in custody etc.

  • Author
I've seen it happen in other sports. Any of the standard reasons could allow the KHSAA to grant a waiver....parents moving, change in custody etc.

 

Gotcha....just seems like transfers usually take longer for them to clear? Just wondering....I read this board and see the "process" that some kids allegedly go through and then see one that gets done in 6 weeks. Thanks for response.

I think it also depends on if the first school challenges the transfer. A challenge slows the process up.

But I have seen a player play for more than one varsity team. It probably happens once ever two years or so.

Gotcha....just seems like transfers usually take longer for them to clear? Just wondering....I read this board and see the "process" that some kids allegedly go through and then see one that gets done in 6 weeks. Thanks for response.

 

Every situation is different, and the public is not privy to all the circumstances that are being considered. Not all transfer situations are created equal.

Because some kids change schools for reasons other than sports. I know, strange huh?

In Boys Basketball DJ Jenkins played for Scott County and Harrison County in the same season during 2014-2015 season.

I have seen it happen too. I have no problem with it as stated above all situations are different.

Because some kids change schools for reasons other than sports. I know, strange huh?

 

Okay so what are those reasons? And why is it that the kid changing is always a very good player as opposed to some 12th player bench warmer. Just curious!

It happens quite a lot at places like Fort Knox and Fort Campbell.

Okay so what are those reasons? And why is it that the kid changing is always a very good player as opposed to some 12th player bench warmer. Just curious!

 

For starters it's NOT always a very good player, those are just the ones that get discussed on here and in the "rumor" mills. Kids move, parents move, parents separate, households break up, jobs change, some kids have needs outside what a particular school system can provide. The reasons are many. Not all families function in the vacuum of sports only. Do inappropriate transfers happen? Absolutely. Are they epidemic in high school sports? Maybe. I think so but others may think not. Does that mean that EVERY transfer is sports related? Hardly. I know personally of two of these type cases and there were legit reasons for both.

Many many kids withdrawal and move schools daily in the state. The vast majority are legitimate, as has been stated above. The vast majority are not for athletics. This is bound to happen. Kids may be in FFA in one district or school at the begiining of the year and then in FFA for another school later. Happens all teh time.

 

As stated when it is a good athlete and affects your team is when it is noticed.

Many many kids withdrawal and move schools daily in the state. The vast majority are legitimate, as has been stated above. The vast majority are not for athletics. This is bound to happen. Kids may be in FFA in one district or school at the begiining of the year and then in FFA for another school later. Happens all teh time.

 

As stated when it is a good athlete and affects your team is when it is noticed.

 

True, very true. The only reason I asked is because it is such a huge topic of conversation on here amongst the Northern Kentucky schools and posters in particular. The whole Jenna Martin (Notre Dame to Highlands) thing and the Harney girl from Simon Kenton who is now at Holy Cross (I think).

 

Very interesting and accurate point, though, that it happens all the time among regular students and not just athletes.

My daughter changed schools in the middle of her junior year and she doesn’t even play a sport.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.