Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Only at St E.....

Featured Replies

My problem besides the possible monopolizing services in NKY, is that they won't do some procedures due to the religious beliefs they support.

 

I thought they had to agree to keep doing Tubal Ligation at the Fort Thomas facility as part of their acquisition of St. Luke's several years ago....do I have that wrong?

I thought they had to agree to keep doing Tubal Ligation at the Fort Thomas facility as part of their acquisition of St. Luke's several years ago....do I have that wrong?

 

Not sure, I heard they wouldn't do that. But again, I could be wrong.

I thought they had to agree to keep doing Tubal Ligation at the Fort Thomas facility as part of their acquisition of St. Luke's several years ago....do I have that wrong?

 

They won’t do them but will refer to an independent facility.

Do you have a link to an article / study / report stating this, or is this actually an opinion?

 

No competition? Mercy Anderson, Christ, and Good Samaritan do a TON of business from NKY, not to mention all NKY trauma gets sent to University. Heck, Christ now has a facility in NKY in Park Hills / Fort Wright.

 

Experience is enough in this instance, specifically since my in laws have moved into the area and are in or deal with hospital/er/doctors on an almost bi weekly basis.

They won’t do them but will refer to an independent facility.

 

 

Are those independent facilities in Kentucky and can Medicaid be used?

Are those independent facilities in Kentucky and can Medicaid be used?

 

That I do not know.

No qualms with St. E here either. I've always heard to avoid them, but man did they do a heck of a job taking care of my Dad when he had his bypass back in March. You'll never hear me say a bad thing about them.

I’m a glass half full kind of person. St Elizabeth has always taken great care of my family and I. Any extra wait time or minor inconveniences, if there were any, are long forgotten. If ever I or my children have to go there, it is always with confidence and peace of mind that we are going to receive outstanding care by highly trained professionals in a clean environment with all the latest medical technology. For that, I am grateful.

I’m a glass half full kind of person. St Elizabeth has always taken great care of my family and I. Any extra wait time or minor inconveniences, if there were any, are long forgotten. If ever I or my children have to go there, it is always with confidence and peace of mind that we are going to receive outstanding care by highly trained professionals in a clean environment with all the latest medical technology. For that, I am grateful.

 

Well said. Any hospital is not going to have 100% satisfaction for everyone. Overall, St E is doing a great job.

Do you have a link to an article / study / report stating this, or is this actually an opinion?

 

No competition? Mercy Anderson, Christ, and Good Samaritan do a TON of business from NKY, not to mention all NKY trauma gets sent to University. Heck, Christ now has a facility in NKY in Park Hills / Fort Wright.

 

Yeah there is a ton of competition in this area. We're incredibly fortunate to have so many great medical facilities within such a short distance.

Yeah there is a ton of competition in this area. We're incredibly fortunate to have so many great medical facilities within such a short distance.

 

That depends on where you live in the area. In my area its St. E. and that is it.

Personally, I am not a fan of St. E. Thankful to be close to some great hospitals right across the river if needed. If you know me, you know how much I hate going to Ohio so that says a lot!

As an RN, I am VERY watchful and critical of the care my family and I get. Have been helping relatives through some serious health issues recently.

 

I have never liked how St. E’s has made a monopoly of Care in NKY. That being said, I have frequented ST E’s, University Hospital, and Christ a LOT in the last few years. My overall favorite is Christ, but I have had great and bad experiences at each of those 3 hospitals.

 

Send me to University for any major trauma, but for general medical/surgical care, all 3 are excellent. Goes without saying Children’s in Cincinnati is THE BEST for kids.

Are those independent facilities in Kentucky and can Medicaid be used?

 

I am pretty sure that if you offer birth control you have to take Medicaid.

I have no idea about any of the hospitals on NKY. But I do know a lot about having tubes put in at a hospital. And it's never been a 15 minute procedure. My son had 4 sets of tubes put in between 1 year and 18 months. Thankfully, he had his tonsils and adenoids removed and tubes weren't needed after that. Like any outpatient procedure, there are pre-procedure things that have to be done, and recovery. A procedure itself may be 15 minutes. But even if done in a doctor's office, there is no way you will walk in and have the procedure done and walk out within 15 Minutes.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.