13. Corbin

14. Christian County

15. John Hardin

16. Butler

17. St. Xavier

18. Mayfield

19. Warren Central

20. University Heights

Instead of the 17-20 listed here, while I think all are in the mix, I would have Bowling Green, Madison Central, Walton-Verona and Owensboro Catholic. I know Bowling Green lost a TON, but I still expect them to be right there with Warren Central to win the 4th and get to Rupp. Isaiah Cozart is a stud for Madison Central, and they picked up a transfer from the 5th region who is a tremendous defender and energy guy--supposed to be super athletic. Dieonte Miles for W-V is a top junior in the state, just like Cozart, and this should be their year to win the 8th region (although I know Anderson Co will have plenty to say about that). And I've grown to never underestimate Tim Riley, who has Luke Hayden and a team that can cut down the nets in the 3rd region.

Instead of the 17-20 listed here, while I think all are in the mix, I would have Bowling Green, Madison Central, Walton-Verona and Owensboro Catholic. I know Bowling Green lost a TON, but I still expect them to be right there with Warren Central to win the 4th and get to Rupp. Isaiah Cozart is a stud for Madison Central, and they picked up a transfer from the 5th region who is a tremendous defender and energy guy--supposed to be super athletic. Dieonte Miles for W-V is a top junior in the state, just like Cozart, and this should be their year to win the 8th region (although I know Anderson Co will have plenty to say about that). And I've grown to never underestimate Tim Riley, who has Luke Hayden and a team that can cut down the nets in the 3rd region.

Agree with all four of those teams likely being in the Top 20 soon as others lose. You make very good points and of the four I like Madison Central the most with WV right behind them.

I'm not sold UHA or Christian County are top 20 teams. I think Mercer County will be good but I don't think they're a top 10 team. I'm sure it sounds like I'm beating a dead horse but I believe Paducah Tilghman will be a very good team this year. Also if the two guards from Hopkinsville are both allowed to play they will be very good, I'd say top 15. Madison Central is another team I think is a possible top 20 team that isn't ranked. Maybe the state has too much parity this year, there's a lot of good team. I do think the top 4 are pretty far ahead of the rest of the state. All in all good job true blue.

I'm not sold UHA or Christian County are top 20 teams. I think Mercer County will be good but I don't think they're a top 10 team. I'm sure it sounds like I'm beating a dead horse but I believe Paducah Tilghman will be a very good team this year. Also if the two guards from Hopkinsville are both allowed to play they will be very good, I'd say top 15. Madison Central is another team I think is a possible top 20 team that isn't ranked. Maybe the state has too much parity this year, there's a lot of good team. I do think the top 4 are pretty far ahead of the rest of the state. All in all good job true blue.

Hopkinsville is definitely a huge question mark right now.

It it will be interesting as the season starts to see who emerges into the spotlight and who fades.

Hopkinsville is a HUGE question mark. If Cager and Johnson can play then they'll be the favorite to win the 2nd and probably be a top 10-15 team, if they can't they likely will finish third in the 8th district. I want to see Walton Verona play, seems like an interesting team

For one, I don’t think you can leave Adair Co. out...not with their “transfers”. Secondly, I’m not sure Warren Central, Corbin, Mayfield and Butler are in anyone’s discussion as one of the top 20 teams. Some replacements?: Walton-Verona, Anderson Co., Hopkinsville, Taylor Co, Madison Central?

Which teams do you feel weren't worthy? Who would you replace them with?

UHA is a top 20 team. They are deeper than they have been in several years. I think they are the second best team in the Second Region and the top team if Cager and Johnson aren't allowed to play.

I agree on CHristian County at this point. They have some depth issues

For one, I don’t think you can leave Adair Co. out...not with their “transfers”. Secondly, I’m not sure Warren Central, Corbin, Mayfield and Butler are in anyone’s discussion as one of the top 20 teams. Some replacements?: Walton-Verona, Anderson Co., Hopkinsville, Taylor Co, Madison Central?

You can't include Hopkinsville with not knowing if Cager and Johnson will play.

Make your case for the other teams you would put in the top 20. Why WV, Anderson, Taylor and Madison Central?

You can't include Hopkinsville with not knowing if Cager and Johnson will play.

Make your case for the other teams you would put in the top 20. Why WV, Anderson, Taylor and Madison Central?

Just my 2 cents and I have posted it other places, I have no doubt Madison Central belongs on the list, but that is why we play the games.

They return over 90% of last years offensive production, and have 6 seniors. They have Cozart in the middle, who is the best rim protector in the state, and who's offensive game should see a significant pickup over last year. A transfer from John Hardin who will improve an already stacked back court. And I believe by year-end Cozart won't be the only one on this team that will be talked about....Dustin Geralds, Isaiah Minter will be well known.

The end of the year is a long way away, but with Central playing 7 of the 20 teams you have listed,(including 4 of the top 7) we will either make the case we belong, or we won't. Can't wait to get this party started.:taz::banana::ylsuper:

I especially agree that Madison Central is a very good team worthy of being a ranked team with the presence of Cozart in the middle. He will make it difficult to score inside as long as he stays out of foul trouble as he is one of the best in the state protecting the rim. Walton-Verona & Anderson are two of the best coming out of the 8th for sure, but is that enough to break the Top 20? Both play in the KOB in December and we will be able to tell how good they are as Anderson County plays Trinity and WV plays Ballard. If they win or stay competitive then they would surely play their way in. Hopkinsville has an unknown roster at this time and were beaten by 30 points in a scrimmage with Fern Creek that included Cager playing although Johnson was not. I would not consider that a Top 20 team for the moment. Same with Taylor County, they were beaten soundly in a scrimmage with Waggener by 15-20 points and Waggener was missing their very best player. Waggener is not in the Top 20 so how could you put Taylor County in there based on that preview.

Pre-Season rankings are going to be off some, but "pulling names out of a hat" seems a bit too harsh. Adair County has one of the best in the state in Harmon and beyond that is not anybody significantly known, but they are right near the Top 20 for sure.

Warren Central (4th) & Corbin (13th) each have serious Mr. Basketball candidates on leading their teams that are projected to win their regions by many. Mayfield has many projecting them to win the 1st region, while Butler is a top 3 or 4 team in the 6th region that may be the deepest region in the state along with the 11th. You can make a case for all of those teams to be listed in the Top 20 now. It will work it's way out soon when they start playing.